Thread: Question - gogo6 ipv6 not working

mshassy's Avatar Half Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hello all,
    today I installed the gogo6 ipv6 client in order to get ipv6 connectivity.
    everything was installed successfully.(the virtual driver etc)
    and I opened the client and setup everything and pressed connect.
    I was connected to one of the servers but the problem is I dont get any ipv6 connectivity.

I'm running on Windows 7
    any help will be really appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Please see the attachments and post yours.
    It's always a firewall problem, the software one, should you also use it. Try disabling it and also any anti-virus AIO solution that somehow monitors internet connections you may have on your system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    mshassy's Avatar Half Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Please see the attachments and post yours.
    It's always a firewall problem, the software one, should you also use it. Try disabling it and also any anti-virus AIO solution that somehow monitors internet connections you may have on your system.
    yes it is a firewall problem!
    thanks Cabalo!
    bitdefender blocks it no matter how I allow it

thanks again!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You can still use windows 7 built in firewall, which is pretty good, unlike its previous versions. It can now block both inbound and outbound traffic, along many other advanced options. That's what I use now.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Hey Cabalo, I'm in the same boat. I had no problems w/ IPv6 in XP but now in 7 I can't seem to connect to the XSnews IPv6 server. I've disabled my firewall too so I'm a bit perplexed. I also tried pinging XSNews on IPv6 and it was working. Are there any special things in Windows 7 that need to be enabled/disabled (in services.msc, for instance)?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    In services.msc, assure you have iphelper in automatic mode.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    OK so I've made some progress.
    I completely uninstalled my firewall and disconnected my router. With both disabled, I can get uncapped IPv6 speeds using GrabIt connecting thru 127.0.0.1 port 1120 w/o even having to use Gogo6 (I assume it's the Windows 7 IPv6 drivers in services.msc?)!!! However, when I plug my router back in it'll say "Unable to connect." I'm only able to d/l and connect to XSnews via GoGo6, which is painfully slow in comparison (~300KB/s). I checked my router, I have both ports 119 (newsgroups/Grabit) and 1120 (IPv6) open. Is there something else I need to open or do to get it working w/o using Gogo6? Again everything was working FINE in XP w/ the same setup (firewall AND router)..