Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: alternative to utorrent?

johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

Unsure

I'm looking to change my fav client utorrent ,because of the disk overloaded it piss me of ....i tried all the trick i found none of them work i bypassed somehow of the message disk overloaded but after some time my speed is going down...

at disk cache i even put 1024 mb...

currently i'm using utorrent 2.0.4 the newest version 2.2 it's loading to slow even if have 4gb of ram LOL
    my HDD reads & writes with 50mb/s i don't see the problem...
    Last edited by johhny; 12-14-2010 at 09:22 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    use deluge..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    You forgot to say which OS you're using, and whether you're using a seedbox.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deluge is good, anything but modded utorrent

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    currently i'm using utorrent 2.0.4 the newest version 2.2 it's loading to slow even if have 4gb of ram LOL
    my HDD reads & writes with 50mb/s i don't see the problem...
    Would you care to elaborate? The only times I've had that issue is when I transcoded video to the same drive I was leeching on, and that's no more since I now have separate drives.

Anyway, I second Anarkial's comment, if your desire to switch is so big.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
    modded utorrent
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I've only had that issue on failing drives. May want to run some drive diagnostics as it may not be utorrent causing your issues... At the very least, back up your data in case...

Edit: I transcode all the time on the same drive that I leech/seed on, and its an old IDE drive too. Guess I'm just lucky?
    Last edited by Tokeman; 12-14-2010 at 03:56 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Qtorrent is a very good utorrent alternative and best of all its open source http://qbittorrent.sourceforge.net/

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Edit: I transcode all the time on the same drive that I leech/seed on, and its an old IDE drive too. Guess I'm just lucky?
    I guess so, specially if your connection speed is better than mine. I use viDrop (which is a mencoder frontend) for those tasks, maybe which program you use makes a difference. Or it could also be the you're using a large disk cache in uTorrent - I used to work around the issue by setting it to 500MB.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i don't use a seedbox i have fast connection i heard deluge it dosen't show disk overloaded but the speeds are lower than utorrent.

i'll give a try with qbittorrent...i'm using win7 x64 version
    Last edited by johhny; 12-14-2010 at 06:22 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    i don't use a seedbox i have fast connection i heard deluge it dosen't show disk overloaded but the speeds are lower than utorrent.
    And I've heard Deluge can actually be faster and upload more in high-speed connections

Just try it, I guess...
    Last edited by anon; 12-14-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast