Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Need Advice For Software

@nikita69, yup but even Zerofill is not the most secured one. Chances are that 99% can be recovered if not physically destroyed. Even demagnetizing doesnt help at all. The 0's and 1's can be realigned.
    However the process with Zerofill basically write patterns of all 0's to the harddrive media. It starts by writing on the empty space of the hdd and then over the data . It makes very hard to recover. But I have heard cases where data has been recovered, obviously not by simple means.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    ZeroFill Utility for those who are interested to know more.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by Supernatural@8 November 2003 - 20:44
    So you telling me you can recover a document I deleted 5 years ago? I doubt that.
    5 yrs I am talking the very first file you ever created on your hdd.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    How is that possible if the surface has been written and rewritten countless times?&#33;?&#33; A time machine?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by Supernatural@9 November 2003 - 05:24
    How is that possible if the surface has been written and rewritten countless times?&#33;?&#33; A time machine?
    ha. same question here.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I think 5years would be pushing it, though i bet an expert could still recover parts of those files&#33; The only reliable method is a very large hammer&#33; after you remove the discs themselves of course, though i suspect one of those electromagnets they use in scrapyard to lift wrecked cars might also do a pretty effective wipe job, though i doubt it would be reusable

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    How the hell? How could you pull that off though? And if it&#39;s still keeping the information, then doesn&#39;t that take up space with like memory and that? And would you be able to like do something so that it like wouldn&#39;t be possible to find a file from THAT long ago? Weird as hell.

confused.........

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    muchspl2
    http://www.jetico.com/

that cleans up any thing you want to get rid of, and it wipes slack space, can&#39;t beat it as a secerity tool

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123