Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: evlum, a new vk.com client

hey!

some time ago i did a web page to access music at vk.com (like mulve did).
    because of technically and legal difficulties i had to close it.

...and now i am writing another software client to access vk.com (like PirateApp and mulve phoenix)

currently the software is in a beta stage and i need bug reports and feedback:

here it is:
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...loyed.zip.html

unzip it and and execute start.bat (dont mind the terminal, on the final version there wil be none)

the idea is to present found files on a virtual file system... feedback welcome

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    So the app creates a local FTP server and presents search results as files hosted on it? That's a pretty innovative concept, to say the least.

It doesn't seem to work for me, though. I search for tracks, wait, and refresh the FTP file list, but nothing appears.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmmm...
    maybe he could not find the tracks? try something simple like "britney spears"
    and it isnt neccesary to refresh.

ahh, i now what it could be, in rare cases the created user is not activated by vk.com (i just cant find out why), delete the file ".evlum" in your home directory and restart the program in order to search with another user.

i really like the concept because it feels like you really already have the files!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by costi View Post
    hmmm...
    maybe he could not find the tracks? try something simple like "britney spears"
    Still the same, tried deleting the .evlum file, also. All my browser shows is this:
    Code:
    Folder Listing
    ftp://127.0.0.1:2121/britney spears/Name	Type	Size	Time
    more	Directory		07/12/2010 18:12:00
    I'm using a very lightweight edition of XP, maybe a necessary file is missing?
    Last edited by anon; 12-07-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm using a very lightweight edition of XP, maybe a necessary file is missing?
    i dont think so, if you could copy everything that the terminals outputs and paste it to http://pastebin.com/ or so that would be really great! this way i could find out the problem.

where is your ip location? maybe vkontakt for some strange reason blocks access from your country?

i tested it on three different windows 7 computers and it worked fine, maybe windows xp is the fault... i`ll see if i can get some xp and run it virtually...

ohh, yeah, vk.com doesnt block you, otherwise you woudlnt get the captcha...
    Last edited by costi; 12-07-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You aren't going to believe this, but it worked this time! I had to manually refresh the file list once again, though, and after a dozen or so seconds the files appeared. Sorry for the bad report, I can of course still give the terminal output and my location if you need it.

Also, after searching for "stuff" I stumbled upon a file called "- StuFF.mp3" (3400560 bytes long) that refused to be downloaded. This is the cmd window's output:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1:4296 <== SIZE /stuff/- StuFF.mp3
    [anonymous]@127.0.0.1:4296 FAIL SIZE "/stuff/- StuFF.mp3". /stuff/- StuFF.mp3 is
     not retrievable.
    127.0.0.1:4296 ==> 550 /stuff/- StuFF.mp3 is not retrievable.
    127.0.0.1:4296 <== RETR /stuff/- StuFF.mp3
    [anonymous]@127.0.0.1:4296 FAIL RETR "/stuff/- StuFF.mp3". No such file or direc
    tory.
    127.0.0.1:4296 ==> 550 No such file or directory.
    127.0.0.1:4296 <== CWD /stuff/- StuFF.mp3
    [anonymous]@127.0.0.1:4296 FAIL CWD "/stuff/- StuFF.mp3". No such file or direct
    ory.
    127.0.0.1:4296 ==> 550 No such file or directory.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thx for the info

ok, i am quite sure that the windows file manager is not behaving like i expected... and that is causing the problems

i`ll go make some bug fixing on xp...

in the meanwhile if you have a windows 7 machine it will work (no promise)... or you coud try to connect with a "normal" ftp client on localhost:2121, create a directory on the root and enter that directory

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ok...
    i fixed some bugs and put some features, one of it is quite interesting:
    on all directorys with mp3`s there is a file called all.m3u, a playlist which links directly to the songs on vk.com

the problem that some files were not retrievable was - i guess - that my ftp server library does not support utf-8, but now i only show files with printable charachters... which looks much cleaner

the windows xp file manager is, by the way, behaving like he should

i need more testers!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...oyed2.zip.html

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by costi View Post
    ok...
    i fixed some bugs and put some features, one of it is quite interesting:
    on all directorys with mp3`s there is a file called all.m3u, a playlist which links directly to the songs on vk.com

the problem that some files were not retrievable was - i guess - that my ftp server library does not support utf-8, but now i only show files with printable charachters... which looks much cleaner

the windows xp file manager is, by the way, behaving like he should

i need more testers!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...oyed2.zip.html
    innovative approach all that I can say, but I'm using xp, so, why my computer becomes irresponsive for some minutes after I start it?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This does not seem to work for me at all. when i try to open the software nothing occurs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast