fuck yeah! hammers!

Last edited by mr. nails; 01-01-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: updated embedded
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Been on my radar for a while mainly because the E3 trailer rocked , Kenneth Branagh's directing - although Ang Lee did the Hulk and look how badly that fucked up and as 2011 superhero movies go ( even though Thor as a hero is lame) it's got to be better than either Captain America or Green Lantern .
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Oh boy, the trailer looks fucking awesome.2011 is officially Superhero year (damn, Tron should have released on January 1 >.< )
    Last edited by A; 12-11-2010 at 02:19 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    ya looks good. cant wait for it

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Oh no I just noticed the "in 3D .In 2D in select theaters" at the end . That means it wasn't really filmed in 3D and is e a lame after the fact conversion like Clash of the Titans.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    cool

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Yep, that conversations suck hard. I actually leaved the cinema in the middle of the Clash of titans to watch the pirated version at home. I won't be bothering to search a 2d cinema for this one

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    The trailer looks awesome. Thanks

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Impressed by the trailer too especially due to my lack of knowledge on Thor.

So is the trailer implying that there are 2 parallel universes, one which is magical and one urban like ours and somehow they intertwine so that there are now magical beings on Earth?

Also I noticed the secret agent guy from the
    Spoiler: Show

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorRudenko View Post
    Impressed by the trailer too especially due to my lack of knowledge on Thor.

So is the trailer implying that there are 2 parallel universes, one which is magical and one urban like ours and somehow they intertwine so that there are now magical beings on Earth?

Also I noticed the secret agent guy from the
    Spoiler: Show
    Sort of.It's based on Norse mythology where the Universe consisted of nine home worlds or heims ,created by the coming together of fire and ice and joined by the world tree Yggdrasill
    The three worlds above the earth, in heaven: Muspelheim (land of the fire ),Afheim (land of ice) , Asgard (realm of the Gods -Home of Thor, he being Odin's son and the God of thunder .Also contains Valhalla - the abode of dead heroes)

The three worlds on earth: Vanaheim (land of the Vanir,erstwhile elves - also sometimes connected to heaven . Norse mythology isn't very precise) ,Midgard (humans) ,Jotunheim( home of giants)

and the three of the underworld/dead : Svartalfheim (fire) , Hel ( where warriors who do not die a heroic death go), Niflheim (cold)

In the mythology ( as the movie) Thor is tricked by Loki his half-brother and loses his magic hammer .In the comics ( and the movie) this results in his banishment from "heaven" to Earth.
    In the mythology I don't think he was cast from Asgard but he was severely pissed off and ended up killing just about anyone involved.

Btw you might notice some similarities to Tolkien in all this.

And yes they hope for an all uniting Avengers movie ( Sam Jackson being Nick Fury :agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) to come together soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast