Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oron boards?

johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you know any warez boards /links which use oron for filehosting share with me

thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Not exclusively. And why oron? It's not exactly the best one out there.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    GreenTea's Avatar 99.9% SHY BT Rep: +2
    Wow, it's the first time I've heard about Oron.
    Unfortunately, I don't know any board/blog that uses it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    well oron host some exclusive's files ...and i know only one website/./
    or a board which have some various files hosted on oron
    Last edited by johhny; 01-10-2011 at 11:25 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    only know few electronic sites

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    And why oron? It's not exactly the best one out there.
    Thought the same when I spotted this thread. Oron imposes limitations even on their own paying customers.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Oron is nothing but a scam. Avoid it at all costs. Don't waste your time or money.

Their M.O. is to buy existing DDL forums, report all the fileserve, filesonic, hotfile links, then re-host them on Oron. Then they ban all other competing file hosts and only allow Oron. People see all the new Oron links and assume they're legit.

They are absolutely the worst filehost out there. The wait times for free users are ridiculous, often limiting you to 1, or maybe 2 files per day. This is to coax you to buy a paid account. The paid accounts are not much better, though. They have a limit of 5GB per day, but the speeds are slow enough that you're probably lucky to download that much anyway. They have no direct download option, you must click on a link, which takes you to their site and gives you another link you have to click in order to get the actual download link. Each link you generate has a time limit, so if you don't complete the download before that time, the download fails. The download amount still counts toward your daily limit, though, even though you didn't complete the file, in fact anytime you stop then start a download, or a download fails for any reason, the full amount of the download is counted toward your 5GB daily limit.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    Their M.O. is to buy existing DDL forums, report all the fileserve, filesonic, hotfile links, then re-host them on Oron. Then they ban all other competing file hosts and only allow Oron. People see all the new Oron links and assume they're legit.

... They have no direct download option, you must click on a link, which takes you to their site and gives you another link you have to click in order to get the actual download link. Each link you generate has a time limit, so if you don't complete the download before that time, the download fails. The download amount still counts toward your daily limit, though, even though you didn't complete the file, in fact anytime you stop then start a download, or a download fails for any reason, the full amount of the download is counted toward your 5GB daily limit.
    I wasn't aware of all that. So they aren't just bad, they're a piece of crap. That's nice.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I'm good for you.
    Yeh, the 5gbyte/day is a trap I fell into, but the need to click another link is quite easily overcome with JDownloader. Speeds have been pretty good to me: 2mbyte/s @ 4 connection, 1 Download, meaning I've maxed my connection.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Oron is for morons.

There, I said it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast