Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File Sharing question

justins
    Ok I'll just get straight to the point. I'm new to these forums, I was just googling around trying to find how I can do what I'm trying to do and I couldn't find it, so I looked for a forum and chose this one.

Here's what's up.
    I play World of Warcraft, and I have two computers. My girlfriend is wanting to play with me, but I don't have it installed on my other computer (my desktop which is old and slow). The thing is, when I bought the game, I bought the digital copy... so I just download it from Blizzard.
    The real problem is that the downloader Blizzard gives you is way to slow all the time, and it's not working well with my old computer I'm trying to put it on.

So what I want to do is, upload my WHOLE folder of World of Warcraft from my laptop somewhere, and then download the whole folder off of where I put it...
    I just can't find a website that will allow me to upload a folder with contents, it just gives me the option to upload 1 file at a time.

Where can I upload this whole folder to and re-download it?

Thanks all.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    You will notice that your DSL/Cable upload is relatively slow. Since your laptop should be portable, I'd suggest you take the laptop to your desktop PC and connect them locally. You can try to just connect both computers with a LAN cable and see if it works, or also use your local WiFi if you have one.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    how about .zip those file?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    You will notice that your DSL/Cable upload is relatively slow. Since your laptop should be portable, I'd suggest you take the laptop to your desktop PC and connect them locally. You can try to just connect both computers with a LAN cable and see if it works, or also use your local WiFi if you have one.
    what he said, is the option
    another way is theres no website that make archives for u, u have to do that urself
    first archive ur folder then opt for either megaupload or mediafire or any other website that offer resume function or the best way is to transfer it via BT

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    how about .zip those file?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    what he said, is the option
    another way is theres no website that make archives for u, u have to do that urself
    first archive ur folder then opt for either megaupload or mediafire or any other website that offer resume function or the best way is to transfer it via BT
    All of these are good options. If your girlfriend's computer is physically close, you can just create a LAN and transfer the files through it. Or just transfer the files using a flashdrive.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by justins View Post
    Ok I'll just get straight to the point. I'm new to these forums, I was just googling around trying to find how I can do what I'm trying to do and I couldn't find it, so I looked for a forum and chose this one.

Here's what's up.
    I play World of Warcraft, and I have two computers. My girlfriend is wanting to play with me, but I don't have it installed on my other computer (my desktop which is old and slow). The thing is, when I bought the game, I bought the digital copy... so I just download it from Blizzard.
    The real problem is that the downloader Blizzard gives you is way to slow all the time, and it's not working well with my old computer I'm trying to put it on.

So what I want to do is, upload my WHOLE folder of World of Warcraft from my laptop somewhere, and then download the whole folder off of where I put it...
    I just can't find a website that will allow me to upload a folder with contents, it just gives me the option to upload 1 file at a time.

Thanks all.
    You don't have to anything.. Use external HDD, copy them to HDD and paste them to the target computer.
    Before you say you don't have external HDD, I'll suggest you to use 7zip, part them into some small sized archives, and copy-paste them with the help of any flashdrive. Problem over..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by justins View Post

Here's what's up.

Thanks all.
    Dropbox is the solution for you, though it's restricted to 2gb per user, to a maximum of 8gb if you invite friends.
    You could try FTPing files from one to another, or if you are in a LAN, just share the folder and copy it from one pc to another.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Shinzen's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    may be link him a few articles about which you guys mentioned with pics or vids so that it will be easy for him to understand.
    Last edited by Shinzen; 12-15-2010 at 07:05 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    usman77
    We have been getting many new users lately who don't seem to know the finer points of our rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast