Thread: consoles statistics

Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I am looking for some crediable game console statistics that show what is the age of the people who play then, and other intersting facts.
    I have already found some, but the problem that it is not listed on what they are based on or from what year they are.

thanks for the help.

2. Games   -   #2
    Where are these statistics that you found? Wouldn't it be difficult to record demographics along with sales? I only know how to search for weekly and total sales at http://www.vgchartz.com/

3. Games   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    12 year olds who suffer from ADD and need explosive cutscens and lethal take downs...

Console gaming died a long time ago...except for FIFA (same shit diff. year)!!!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Games   -   #4
    MaxxRevs's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Console gaming died a long time ago
    You shitting me? Consoles are being sold in record numbers with every year. If something is dying its PC gaming because more and more publishers refuse to make decent games for PC due to piracy and people not wanting to pay as much for PC games as for console games.
    I myself just got a new xbox 360 slim

Last edited by MaxxRevs; 01-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    MaxxRevs, I didn't mean the sales of consoles I meant console "gaming". It seems the 12 year olds who use consoles are dictating how games should be created now. When the Deus Ex franchise started getting developed for consoles the franchise dramatically took a dip for the worst. I'm sure all fans of the first one will agree.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. Games   -   #6
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Last edited by sandman_1; 01-10-2011 at 04:43 AM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    MaxxRevs, I didn't mean the sales of consoles I meant console "gaming". It seems the 12 year olds who use consoles are dictating how games should be created now. When the Deus Ex franchise started getting developed for consoles the franchise dramatically took a dip for the worst. I'm sure all fans of the first one will agree.
    You heard about the new Deus Ex Revolution coming this year? ::cross fingers::

I agree though. Publishers are trying to rush out games with mass appeal. Most games just don't feel as polished as needed and don't have too much depth. Or is it just the nostalgic feeling of older times when games were simple?