Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLAC vs MP3 - Which Has Better Quality

Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Back on topic, even V0 is the enlargement of e-penis (one that I indulge in as well). V2 is generally considered transparent, even with high-end walamapaloozas.

The fidelity of your equipment can technically exceed the physical constraints of your ears, but that doesn't make you hear better. You could be playing clean vinyls through $10k equipment, but your ears can only hear so well (and if you have high end equipment you really have no business pirating music).

/inb4 someone blasts me for my last parenthetical.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post
    even V0 is the enlargement of e-penis (one that I indulge in as well). V2 is generally considered transparent.
    true, V2 in my opinion is better then anything else considering the average of quality and size since when i have to upload an album to public trackers i always have to do it in CBR320 kbps bcoz most of my uploads go to rutor which dosent allow lossy quality any less then that which enlarges the torrent size enormously so 90MB album becomes like 150 Mb and it really becomes pain in the ass when uploading box sets or discographies, yesterday i uploaded a discography 10 albums set in CBR320 kbps sized at 1.5 gigs which took me 6 long hours to transfer the files to the first batch of seeders had it been in V2 it wud have been a lot faster and the quality practically same listening experience
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 12-14-2010 at 08:27 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    delete
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 12-14-2010 at 08:25 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    I think V2 is overkill. 128 is transparent especially if you listen to a lot of trance like myself. Mp3 sounds a lot better than FLAC.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-14-2010 at 09:32 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Polarbear, I thought you were trolling but you posted with kurreckt speeling and gramur.

I can't say 128 is transparent - that would be only if your ears were shot. And saying that MP3 > FLAC is like saying MP3 > CD - that can only happen if you like your music a certain way (more static, possibly louder, highs missing)

EDIT: Sorry if above post was sarcasm - sometimes I can see it, sometimes I can't.
    Last edited by Waddafocky; 12-14-2010 at 02:22 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Polarbear, I thought you were trolling but you posted with kurreckt speeling and gramur.

I can't say 128 is transparent - that would be only if your ears were shot. And saying that MP3 > FLAC is like saying MP3 > CD - that can only happen if you like your music a certain way (more static, possibly louder, highs missing)
    Sarcasm gone undetected I see.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    yesterday i uploaded a discography 10 albums set in CBR320 kbps sized at 1.5 gigs which took me 6 long hours to transfer the files to the first batch of seeders had it been in V2 it wud have been a lot faster and the quality practically same listening experience
    Always enable super-seeding until you've seeded a full copy of the torrent, if you're the initial seeder. That can halve the amount of data you need to upload before someone else becomes a seeder.

Do disable it when that happens, as then super-seeding becomes counterproductive.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    looks like something useful
    what is super seeding man? and why and how do i enable it?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Any place that pushes 320 over V0 is deluded or misinformed.

whatcdfan:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=super-seeder&l=1
    Last edited by Waddafocky; 12-14-2010 at 04:41 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Thanks for saving me the hassle
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast