Thread: 0day spam in packs or not?

Hi,
    What are your thoughts about spam releases from scene on torrent trackers. Should they be in packs, separate browse page for spam, or together with all other content?
    Which option and why?
    I would be glad to hear what you guys think what's the best option for these spam releases.
    Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Karkej View Post
    What are your thoughts about spam releases from scene on torrent trackers. Should they be in packs, separate browse page for spam, or together with all other content?
    Which option and why?
    Having to choose from those three, I'd go for the separate browse page for spam. That way they can be easily searched for and won't clutter the "main" browse page.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Is there an official standard for "spam"? But whether there is or isn't, I'd put spam on a separate browse page. Otherwise, I'd avoid 0-day altogether.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post
    Is there an official standard for "spam"?
    I've read this on an FSF article:
    Spam includes 0DAY (small apps), XXX-0DAY (imagesets, siterips), MP3s (music releases), MVIDs (music videos), EBOOKs, WII DLCs, TV-DVDRips, unknowns, and others (which may include language-specific rls). Rule of thumb is: anything under 100MB usually fits into spam (although TV-DVDRips are a known exception).
    I don't know if it's "official", though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Which option and why?
    Having to choose from those three, I'd go for the separate browse page for spam. That way they can be easily searched for and won't clutter the "main" browse page.
    I double this. SCC has 3 separate browse pages, and IMO it's the best choice. When TV used to have Blurr and Msrv the only thing I wished for is one more browse page dedicated to spam releases.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Having to choose from those three...
    It's not neccesary, but these 3 options are most frequent choice.
    So, I see, two/tree browse page, but is it a bit annoying to jump from browse to browse when you are searching for something, for example?
    I would rather have all torrents on same place/page ^^

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    So, I see, two/tree browse page, but is it a bit annoying to jump from browse to browse when you are searching for something, for example?
    A thick box "Include (spam|non-spam) results" on teh search pages.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Why not just implement an integrated search? Or have options to search in different/combined sections? I think differentiation with the option to combine is a lot better than mass conglomeration with nothing to guide you but your pecker.

Or what heiska said.
    Last edited by Waddafocky; 12-14-2010 at 01:27 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I agree with you

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    You can usually tell in which browse page the release you want will be, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. Although the suggestions heiska and Anarkial gave above are also good.