Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: i am new at downloading torrents need sound advice

  1. #1
    first of all are sites like pirate bay safe to choose from and if not what are my options ?

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,281
    That depends on the laws in your country. For me, no, its not safe to download from there.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'm good for you.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    next universe over
    Posts
    337
    No place is 100%. Though there are precautions; If you're new to BitTorrent I suggest you join a private bittorrent tracker, as opposed to an open one (TPB, but they arent a tracker anymore); this will minimise the risk of anti-p2p groups. I suggest signing upto TorrentDay initially, before looking for an invite to IPTorrents, and then TorrentLeech. That will cover most content ever wanted.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    dont sign up at torrentday we had a discussion abt it
    i would suggest you to join either scenebytes.org or alphaomega.me they are really great trackers by the time you become advance BT user one or both may turn out to be 1337 and people searching for the invites, both have open sign ups right now

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    dont sign up at torrentday we had a discussion abt it
    i would suggest you to join either scenebytes.org or alphaomega.me they are really great trackers by the time you become advance BT user one or both may turn out to be 1337 and people searching for the invites, both have open sign ups right now

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6


    the torrents

    and iyt will you back

    and you will realise you wrer nerver borne ultimatum


  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    minimise the risk of anti-p2p groups. I suggest signing upto TorrentDay initially, before looking for an invite to IPTorrents, and then TorrentLeech.
    I'd recommend trackers that are a bit more closed if the question is avoiding anti-P2P companies.

    The thread starter may benefit from this, also:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...seeks-guidance
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    dont sign up at torrentday we had a discussion abt it
    i would suggest you to join either scenebytes.org or alphaomega.me they are really great trackers by the time you become advance BT user one or both may turn out to be 1337 and people searching for the invites, both have open sign ups right now
    2 thing i never agreed with (dont know for another years)

    1. l337
    2. great




  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    730
    if you tell him to sign or not, he will sign up.
    Torrentday is having over 2500 new sign ups/day and there are more then enough seeders and leechers.
    If you recommend one user not to register there, TD won't lose anything.

    we had discussion about it ? lol, discussion with a bunch of pissed of dudes in here like anon-sbi who is a famous cheater ?
    if you are listening to anon-sbi, then you are the foolest internet user on the net.

    I highly recommend using Torrentday.com/dididave.com/speed.cd/bitsoup.com
    when torrentday.com goes to invite only, then you will die to join in, u will remember my comment


    P.S: i don't care if you think i am supporting TD or not, i just don't care, i was supporting TL and IPT and still i support them and i do support TD because i like it and fast pres. it's my opinion, if you don't like it, it's your opinion. you better learn to be positive then being negative all the time.
    Last edited by merwais; 12-16-2010 at 05:36 PM.

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    we had discussion about it ? lol, discussion with a bunch of pissed of dudes in here like anon-sbi who is a famous cheater ?
    if you are listening to anon-sbi, then you are the foolest internet user on the net.
    Then you are "the foolest Internet user on the net (sic)", now.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •