Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opera 11's out

And it has extensions.

Get it here, read the changelog here, and/or get your extensions here.

These are my picks so far:
    • Download Helper - makes the process of downloading from certain OCHs somewhat easier
    • FastestTube - I find built-in video downloading functionality better
    • NotScripts - much better than the BlockIt user script
    • Popup Statusbar - a good screen space saver for my netbook
    • Redirect Bypasser - to avoid dereferers (given I have disabled HTTP referers entirely) and do things faster
    • Turn Off The Lights
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    Too bad no browser other than Google Chrome has a process separation feature.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    Too bad no browser other than Google Chrome has a process separation feature.
    Imageshack seems to have a great capacity to crash and close all your Chrome tabs, regardless of that feature. At least, in Chromium beta builds.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    ^ The same with adobe reader. Shit software.
    Ellipses go here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    I don't use Chromium. I just disable everything Google-related in Chrome.

I went on ImageShack using Chrome while browsing several other sites at the same time. I did it for five minutes and nothing happened.

Proof: http://lookpic.com/c1/i2/3623/F73Odxx6.png

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    I went on ImageShack using Chrome while browsing several other sites at the same time. I did it for five minutes and nothing happened.

Proof: http://lookpic.com/c1/i2/3623/F73Odxx6.png
    Must be an issue with the Chromium beta versions, then. I used those because I heard it's a bit decrapified compared with the official Chrome.
    Last edited by anon; 12-16-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Typo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wi...VsGoogleChrome

They are basically the same. No extra crap on chrome. On Ubuntu I do use Chromium due to a too-geeky-to-bother-explaining documented bug, which affects me on Chrome.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks for the link. According that page, they're pretty much the same, when it comes to tracking and such. Since I use Chrome sometimes, I was looking for an alternative to Iron (which hadn't been updated in a long while), and someone proposed Chromium.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Well, looks like I've to look at opera.. Ignored it for many years, and its right time for me to test it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Installed it ... tested it and its much better than before.They copied allot from chome but thats not a bad thing.Still it doesnt have regular bookmark bar like firefox or even chrome although for firefox i use smart bookmark bar so i dont think im gonna change my browser soon and with firefox 4 almost here maybe never

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast