Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BT vs Usenet

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Cabalo is pretty much on point with everything he posted. Usenet, by far, crushes BT. Hell, if you search around you can find out how to get Usenet axx for free with a little IPv6 tunneling and a free node, so the cost argument people always seem to bring up then becomes meaningless...
    Last edited by deadalive1; 12-17-2010 at 05:10 AM.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    PS: Oh, did I say you don't have to deal with kids who masturbate each other because they "staff" at some site? And who behave like heroes because they can ban you and even tell their buttbuddies to ban you too? Expecting it makes any difference because all summed up you can get the same content at a dozen other places.
    Nice point. But this problem was not even there in bittorrent say, 3-4 years ago, I want to say about the time like: in 2006-2007..

And as you said bt is no match for usenet, except for one thing, that people can get stuffs from bt free of cost where as I don't think they can get the same free of cost from usenet.
    As I've a very little knowledge about usenet, pardon me if I do any mistake here, in this post.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    And as you said bt is no match for usenet, except for one thing, that people can get stuffs from bt free of cost where as I don't think they can get the same free of cost from usenet.
    As I've a very little knowledge about usenet, pardon me if I do any mistake here, in this post.
    He addressed that point in the "cost-effectiveness" section. As deadalive1 also said, it's possible to get free Usenet access playing around with IPv6, and there are a few IPv4 free servers as well.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You have at this very board very detailed tutorials how to download from newsgroups without a paid subscription.

Arrghh. Anon-sbi beat me again.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-17-2010 at 05:58 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Music trackers. Nuff said.

But yes, if you're just looking for 0-day stuff and want to skip a ton of drama and the hassle of a seedbox, Usenet would be a good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    i found some albums there which i cudent find on what & waffles
    Of course you did. On the flip side, I'm sure that has got to be some files on the W's that can't be found through other methods. But What & Waffles are definitely not the end-all music library that so many people make them out to be.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Xbox_360's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yup if BT died today DDL or Usenet would have no problem replacing BT, people will always want to have free content so they will move where they can find it. DDL and Usenet are a lot better for the reasons Cabalo pointed out and may in fact be cheaper for some people that buy a seedbox. I have to buy a seedbox because my upload speed is just plain slow, I also live with many other people that use the internet or game online and I can't be using the internet 24/7 all the time.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Never used usenet, but out of curiosity and since everyone praise it I wanna ask question: is it possible to find content there like provided on some trackers mentioned in this thread https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...iginal-content (for instanse KG, cinematik, CG, sdbits, x264, pedro's, underground-gamer) - and I mean with similar quality too. I practically don't care about countless 0day trackers to which usenet seems to be compared here, but I really like those trackers

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    On the flip side, I'm sure that has got to be some files on the W's that can't be found through other methods
    man i am talking about very rare files indeed very hard to find by if those can be spoted at usenext i am sure everything else which is not so rare can also be

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    You have at this very board very detailed tutorials how to download from newsgroups without a paid subscription.
    Well, I'll look at those. Have plans to move out of this present shitty bittorrent world.. Have 2 options now in fornt of me.
    1. one click hosters &
    2. usenet.

Arrghh. Anon-sbi beat me again.
    He seems to be online 24x7

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast