Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BT vs Usenet

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think you were clear, kind of. I think you ment, if torrent sites were no longer, then I would only have the street date to compare to...
    I guess I was not clear either in my post. The availability date I was speaking of was not street date or time on torrent sites, it was the time that the scene released it to their ftp (what pre times are based off of). Even if torrent sites went away, this time would still be availble through many sites and IRC if i'm not mistaken, giving you a time frame to go off of when its available on p2p or usenet or wherever comparitivly.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    if those can be spoted at usenext
    Usenet is the "network", Usenext is a crappy news provider which I've heard even logged the IPs of downloaders and handed them to the authorities in the past. Don't confuse them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    I am pretty sure that wasn't what he was referring to.He was more likely talking about the delay in files being shared in usenet even after the same file has been shared in private trackers days before.Why wait for something when the same stuff is available for free and has already been shared elsewhere?
    I'm sorry that my language skills aren't better because obviously I'm not making myself clear. Anyway whatever ,that's my last word on the subject.
    Your implication that since we all are getting stuff for free, it is kinda lame for complaining that you aren't getting files fast enough, would have been understandable if files were also shared in other sites around the same time.When something is obviously better than other, its only natural that people prefer the better.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    if those can be spoted at usenext
    Usenet is the "network", Usenext is a crappy news provider which I've heard even logged the IPs of downloaders and handed them to the authorities in the past. Don't confuse them.
    that was a mistake i meant to say "usenet"
    you are right man, we are not discussing softwares we are discussing file sharing protocols instead
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 12-17-2010 at 05:02 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    AbyBeats thanks for answer

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

I'm sorry that my language skills aren't better because obviously I'm not making myself clear. Anyway whatever ,that's my last word on the subject.
    Your implication that since we all are getting stuff for free, it is kinda lame for complaining that you aren't getting files fast enough, would have been understandable if files were also shared in other sites around the same time.When something is obviously better than other, its only natural that people prefer the better.
    Like I said missing my point.
    Merry Christmas anyway heathen.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Well, I'll look at those. Have plans to move out of this present shitty bittorrent world.. Have 2 options now in fornt of me.
    1. one click hosters &
    2. usenet.

Arrghh. Anon-sbi beat me again.
    He seems to be online 24x7
    Use both simultaneously. Just pop jDownloader on your PC and let him do the work.
    For newsgroups, check the tutorials by rdtphd.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Only thing I'm finding difficult to replace is the content on bitme or other e-learning sites. Not nearly as much content on usenet.

Otherwise usenet is filling 95% of what I'm looking for I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    1. one click hosters &
    What is a good site to start with one-click hosters? Never looked at that.
    Last edited by KFlint; 12-17-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Like I said missing my point.
    Merry Christmas anyway heathen.
    Oh boy, so little to understand from so little words being written, but even then, something is lost in the translation from words to words.

But you see, I (and almost everyone) am grateful for all the file sharers around the planet, irrespective of speed, pre-times, and quality.Its the spirit that counts, ain't it? Hows that for virtue

Happy Christmas to you as well
    Last edited by A; 12-17-2010 at 06:04 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    What is a good site to start with one-click hosters? Never looked at that.
    Site as in link forum or preferred hoster? Anyway, I'll mention my picks for both. You probably already know the best DDL forum around is Warez-BB, it's just huge, gigantic, massive. As for hosters, I like Hotfile and Fileserve, because I have Premium accounts on both, and their speeds are good for free users as well (so are Megaupload's).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast