Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharing Files

if i cant see anyones files surely it is fair if i cancel their uploads !????

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    KL has this privacy option that prevents snoopers like music industry lawyers from seeing how many music files you are sharing. As you may be aware they are sueing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by bozbontins@7 November 2003 - 11:56
    As greatwhitenorth so rightly says - with the KaZaA network is concerned you can't be certain that someone is sharing because of the privacy patch available on K-Lite - don't worry there's plenty files out there to please everyone

Only cancel uploads to those using KaZaA with a low participation level

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    im not aware of any normal user being sued in europe

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    im not even going to bother typing my commetrns abotu this coz i haev doen that about 2 zillion times already

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    sorry i missed de 2 zillion replies...why is everyone scared of riaa unless they are making profit out of kazaa...people who sell copies are the fuckers..not normal users

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Well, cuz the RIAA is suing normal users here in the States.
    But to your subject at hand....just think of it this way: They should be sharing at least one or two files, what they last downloaded. So if it says "Search finished without any results" that probably means they've got the privacy patch on. If there's only 3 pictures in there, then they're not sharing and feel free to cancel at will. I understand the reason these ppl hide their shared file list. I don't hide my list, but I've got nothing illegal to share in there.
    That comment was NOT in any way dissing ppl that do have illegal or copyrighted material....so don't waste the flame-breath.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by bozbontins@7 November 2003 - 11:56
    yeah dude its a privacy thing, and why would you cancle them if you cant see there files ? how does that benifit you if you can see what they have anyways?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    i read in the paper music companies are placing corrupted music files on kazaa and other file sharing programs. But don't let you be beaten by such foolishness.
    REFERAL LINK REMOVED

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by cosmic doobie+7 November 2003 - 12:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cosmic doobie &#064; 7 November 2003 - 12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bozbontins@7 November 2003 - 11:56
    if i cant see anyones files surely it is fair if i cancel their uploads &#33;????
    As greatwhitenorth so rightly says - with the KaZaA network is concerned you can&#39;t be certain that someone is sharing because of the privacy patch available on K-Lite - don&#39;t worry there&#39;s plenty files out there to please everyone

[/b][/quote]
    No its not fair

there are 1000&#39;s of files out there, if there are enough sources youll still get the file you want.

I used to show my files but no longer

I disabled it after getting a letter from my isp - sometimes its neccessary to do for security it doesent mean people arent sharing

crkr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast