Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad does Giganews Suck?

So today I go to cancel a giganews account bc the cost is to high and I find out I have to wait until Monday for them to cancel....forgive me, but what the hell is that. They are the most expensive provider on the planet and they can't even higher people to work on the weekend, that is just pathetic, they have no respect for their users at all - Usenetserver who I also have an account with has LIVE 24/7 support...and they are a third of the price. I have come to the enevitable conclusion that giganews walks all over their users - customer service be dammed simply bc they can and no one says a word...I am breaking the silence! Sorry if I got a little excited...

Here an excert from the support email:

The Billing Department is open weekdays 8:30AM to 5:30PM Central U.S. Time.
    Requests made during the weekend or on a holiday may take an additional 24
    to 48 hours for our Billing Department to respond.

Thank you for your patience.

--
    Giganews Support
    Giganews Support

And I did not remember offering my patience...that was forcibly stolen
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    You hear some people on here swear by Giganews. My opinion, they are good but way over priced especially when there are several competing services with similar offerings. Giganews was the bomb back in the day but now it is just over priced hype.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    You do not need the assistance of the billing dept. You can cancel at any time through your control panel.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by technovert View Post
    You do not need the assistance of the billing dept. You can cancel at any time through your control panel.
    Three cheers for captain obvious..no, thank you I knew that, but you can only do that if you have your login info and that still does not negate my point. For the price they demand they should have a weekend staff for customer service sake...
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by nntpjunkie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by technovert View Post
    Three cheers for captain obvious..no, thank you I knew that, but you can only do that if you have your login info and that still does not negate my point. For the price they demand they should have a weekend staff for customer service sake...
    Do you not know your login details? They are the same user name and password as what you use in your client.

And it's not as if you're billed by the day, so there's added cost from having to wait until Monday.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-19-2010 at 12:52 AM.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    its your bad for not having your login details.

dont blame giganews for that.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post

This is true I should have the credentials, but you know if I am paying them 29.99/mo I should be able to just forget if I want to and they should rightfully provide me my info - we are the paying customers remember
    Should not be an issue for a company that charges what they charge for service - besides how about we take it from another angle - what if your card or your paypal account gets jacked what then? Going back to my main point is that they are the most expensive usenet provider in the world and they have lower customer service standards than some of the cheapest providers on the planet. Several cheaper providers offer 24/7 live support..

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by nntpjunkie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post

This is true I should have the credentials, but you know if I am paying them 29.99/mo I should be able to just forget if I want to and they should rightfully provide me my info
    Oh, c'mon. It is not GN's responsibility to compensate for your mishaps or misplaced login details.

what if your card or your paypal account gets jacked what then?
    How does GN even fit into this question?

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I don't think the fact that billing isn't working on a sunday is a big issue, but what I don't understand is why billing department is needed to return a user's login details to him.

Look at it this way, if you needed your login details because they were misplaced and it was a friday night, you're supposed to wait until monday business hours to get them back? Giganews charges the most out of all the providors why do they not have this in place?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    I don't think the fact that billing isn't working on a sunday is a big issue, but what I don't understand is why billing department is needed to return a user's login details to him.

Look at it this way, if you needed your login details because they were misplaced and it was a friday night, you're supposed to wait until monday business hours to get them back? Giganews charges the most out of all the providors why do they not have this in place?
    The plot thickens...Giganews would not send me my login details to my paypal email which is the account they billed - the login credentials have been missing for at least a month so Giganews decided to show their continued dedication to customer service by suspending the account, billing me for the unused time full price and not returning the login details...

Latest Update: They are ignoring any further inquiries from me...
    Last edited by nntpjunkie; 12-21-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast