Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become member of a Scenegroup?

Mr. Torrentstorm BT Rep: +3
    I'd like to help some of the scene group in order to rip some TV series from my DVD. The best way to share rips is to become member of scene grp. There are many TV shows that hasn't been ripped from DVD yet, so I thought, why not help.

My question is, how can I be a scenegroup?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Moved to filesharing...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Have you checked their NFOs ?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    If you're super serious, and have a massive collection (by this, I don't mean 10-15 complete series, I mean a good 50-60 or so, with their different seasons etc. an actual collection that a scene group would be interested in) of unreleased material (you'll of course have to at the very least show me somehow) I might know a few people that can put you through to proper sources.

You might want to heed my warning though: Being in a group isn't all that it's made out to be. People, especially sources, are treated as close to a commodity as possible. If someone comes along to the same group, and puts the same offer on the table, with future race insurance, then you're just as easily gone. Sources never form the tight knit "families" in groups, because believe it or not, sources have a lot more to risk than group members that can mitigate their damages. Plus, your sources will be limited to file size rules and regulations, which sometimes may not be the best thing if you actually want the material's artistic qualities preserved. P2P groups are not limited by this, and if you confide your sources exclusively into one group, then you get to dictate your terms. Somehow the source risk factor never seems to materialize in the P2P world. It must be the illusion of safety felt by the majority. Moreover, you will always be treated like a security liability. If you think this is a good stepping stone into bigger/better groups, though, you're sadly mistaken. You will get exposed (as an ex/current P2P'er), and it's a dark road down from there. Those are the disadvantages of being in a scene group. If you're adamant on joining one, though, and providing for them, then I could try to help you (provided that you don't do anything silly like post your collection in public for all to see).
    Ellipses go here.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    New or unreleased (eg studio private betas/demos) is what most groups look for these days. If it's some webrip you got 2 years ago chances are no group is interested.

A constant supply of the above should warrant you a place in the scene ranks. Depending on the group and how their dumping/pre process works you require a knowledge on whatever category you want to get into. Certain group owners don't have the time/patience to teach someone the basics.

Chances are most groups have the suppliers they want and don't want to risk their status with some with a nick that screams a p2p lamer. You'll most definitely be watched like a hawk for about a year (until they trust you) and your questions will be questioned as to why you require an answer.

Most of us have cried blue as to why you shouldn't get involved but you won't learn until you actually get in there and find out yourself. Kind of like touching a hot plate when been told not to ... I still suffer from this and have blister burns on my hand .

There's always new emerging groups popping up from time to time that might consider new recruits ... good luck and hope you get out when you get bored ... or worse .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Start your own group

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    My friend was a member of MP3 Releasing group. He found email in one of NFOs and sent a message that he can rip music. They talked with him and took in the team. Try it guys

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    as cabalo said check the NFO's, if they are recruiting they mention it in their NFO, sometimes they even add a email address. Encoding mastery, awk/sed expertise or access to pre material are some of the things most of the groups are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by lol87 View Post
    many TV shows that hasn't been ripped from DVD yet, so I thought, why not help.
    You don't need to be a member to help, just send a copy of the CD image to them, they will take care the rest. Or just rip it yourself, its not hard.

try not to get arrested... if you get arrested , refer the first and second rules of the internet

edit: p2p release groups are also an option
    Last edited by Expeto; 12-21-2010 at 05:56 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    Or just rip it yourself, its not hard.
    This. If you really have tv series that aren't available yet on the internet, then just rip them yourself and share them somewhere. No reason to get yourself associated with the scene and all that bullshit.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    Or just rip it yourself, its not hard.
    This. If you really have tv series that aren't available yet on the internet, then just rip them yourself and share them somewhere. No reason to get yourself associated with the scene and all that bullshit.
    I agree with this. Once a long time ago, I thought about getting involved in a group but got over it quickly.

Why not rip it and post it to Usenet if you want to share with others. It will spread like wildfire if it is a good rip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast