Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: What I love about p2p

  1. #1
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land gurt by sea
    Posts
    9,196




    Surely those 5 seeders can share more than 3k?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    They may already be doing so. To other people.

    There are some fuckers that limit their upload speeds to 1kB/s, however.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    They may already be doing so. To other people.

    the swarm speed looking a lot better then 3k so i guess thats right

    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    There are some fuckers that limit their upload speeds to 1kB/s, however.
    yeah definitely to get bonus points and avoid HnRs

    this however is the biggest demerit of the p2p as the torrent gets older there are fewer seeds on it, i am downloading a torrent from SCC its been more then 60 hours and ETA 20 hours.lol
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 12-24-2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post

    this however is the biggest demerit of the p2p as the torrent gets older there are fewer seeds on it, i am downloading a torrent from SCC its been more then 60 hours and ETA 20 hours.lol
    truely saying, I never faced that type of problem in scc as all of them are really fast. But the word, old, might have some effect on that torrent.
    Teh n00b.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    397
    i never face problems like this ...but if i face somehow i download slow & i know i could download with 10mb/s + i go & download from warez faster & faster
    but it also depends on connection tooo
    i luv p2p *& warez
    Last edited by johhny; 12-24-2010 at 11:18 AM.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    487
    better 3k than dead
    ...

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    better 3k than dead
    pessimistic thinking..
    Teh n00b.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    better 3k than dead
    pessimistic thinking..
    Optimistic?

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    pressing ur thnx button
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    more then 60 hours and ETA 20 hours.lol
    Wow, you kids need to learn some patience. That's nothing whatcdfan, I've spent months downloading files at 1-2KB/s just because I wanted them, and even at that, I'm spoiled compared the days of bauds and stuff. Hell, I cap my global download to 200KB/s just to be nice to the router and my laptop.

    I totally get your point OP, as it is aggravating, especially if that torrent is sitting next to another that's going berserker fast, but you also have to keep in mind the kind of peering you get to the seeders you are connected to, in conjunction with other already mentioned factors. The seeder clients are going to prefer to seed files to other peers that have better peering, as well as better speeds. That is one of the problems with all these stinking seedboxes, it leaves home connections in the dust, and anyone that actually wants to view a file from home has to wait for all the buffer whores to finish.

    Intr4nsedit: I might also point out that it's possible you are only connected to three actual seeders, owing to the 2. series utorrent multipeering. It allows the same person to connect to you twice on one torrent, and makes it appear there are more seeders in your client than there actually are.
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 12-24-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,942
    Yeah the ETA was only 6 hours anyway... I'd have no issue with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •