register.php - done

verifying email user
    confirmation.php - done

php file upload - not done

php image upload - not done

any more suggestions ?

or help ..

back to the site design ..
    Last edited by Passvvord; 12-24-2010 at 07:54 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    go for a full package like tbdev or gazelle as frontend and any php tracker, or xbtt or ocelet as tracker backend.
    Only coding some php files is not enough to start a torrent tracker..
    Teh n00b.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Sorry it has to be asked, why make another tracker especially if you don't know how to code it? The first thing you need is an experienced coder, otherwise your site won't look good and it will have tons of security flaws. Most people here have enough trackers already, why would they join a tracker that was badly coded. Then you need a dedicated team including a designer, uploaders, experienced mods & admins, and friends who can promote your tracker by getting the word out. Ask yourself a few more questions like what is my niche, what is the purpose of my tracker. If it's just another 0day tracker, a movie or music tracker, there's already way too many of those. Then ask yourself where am I going to host the site, you need a good host (by that I mean a safe host, some countries are better than others for hosting a filesharing site). Where are your donations going to come from to keep the site running? Running a tracker can be very expensive, I've heard some say you should have plenty of your own money saved away to keep your site afloat. It may take your site months, even a year or more, until its established enough to run on its own.

Personally I'm bothered when just anyone thinks they should make a tracker. It's thinning the pool bigtime. There's enough great trackers that are struggling to survive. They can't get donations, there's not enough new members to go around, torrents aren't getting leeched so there's no seeders. It's a common story nowadays. I think this is a new phenomenon, I don't remember there being so many trackers back in the good old days. That's why the trackers you see that are doing the best are the ones that have been around for years or the new ones that have something that the average BT user wants.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    go for a full package like tbdev or gazelle as frontend and any php tracker, or xbtt or ocelet as tracker backend.
    Only coding some php files is not enough to start a torrent tracker..

i have t o take a look at gazelle ..

bunch of php files .. isnt it ?

Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    Sorry it has to be asked, why make another tracker especially if you don't know how to code it? The first thing you need is an experienced coder, otherwise your site won't look good and it will have tons of security flaws. Most people here have enough trackers already, why would they join a tracker that was badly coded. Then you need a dedicated team including a designer, uploaders, experienced mods & admins, and friends who can promote your tracker by getting the word out. Ask yourself a few more questions like what is my niche, what is the purpose of my tracker. If it's just another 0day tracker, a movie or music tracker, there's already way too many of those. Then ask yourself where am I going to host the site, you need a good host (by that I mean a safe host, some countries are better than others for hosting a filesharing site). Where are your donations going to come from to keep the site running? Running a tracker can be very expensive, I've heard some say you should have plenty of your own money saved away to keep your site afloat. It may take your site months, even a year or more, until its established enough to run on its own.

Personally I'm bothered when just anyone thinks they should make a tracker. It's thinning the pool bigtime. There's enough great trackers that are struggling to survive. They can't get donations, there's not enough new members to go around, torrents aren't getting leeched so there's no seeders. It's a common story nowadays. I think this is a new phenomenon, I don't remember there being so many trackers back in the good old days. That's why the trackers you see that are doing the best are the ones that have been around for years or the new ones that have something that the average BT user wants.

my tracker is going to be really special ..

it will have magazine scans ..

old newpaper scans ..

and black and white movies

and

blurays ..

and

old cd's

it even had a fake front page

Last edited by Passvvord; 12-24-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Lounge   -   #5
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

6. Lounge   -   #6
    what ?

oh my

look who is here ...

exactly ..

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Passvvord View Post
    my tracker is going to be really special ..

it will have magazine scans ..

old newpaper scans ..
    I would personally stop with that. There's already trackers to get old films, blurays, and cd's from. But a magazine/newspaper tracker(or better yet a DDL forum) would really be great.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    gamesover and funking pretty much sums it up.

Yet, your question is not even a coding question, which might be forgiveable if it was, you are asking about what pages should a tracked include. It seems like you don't even know what a tracker really is.
    Last edited by Expeto; 12-24-2010 at 09:09 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    signup.php
    confirmation.php
    login.php
    logout.php

will it stay logged in .. and the cookies part is confusing me ..
    Last edited by Passvvord; 12-24-2010 at 09:27 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    ok you have thought about content and coding thats a good start
    But have you thought about the other major things needed to run this tracker
    1. Money you should make sure you have enough funds to pay for it for at least 6 months as donations are really hard to come by to keep trackers open
    2. The time and effort needed for a new tracker is vast m8 if you are alone expect a lot of sleepless nights I had several of those and we had a good team of experienced people that knew one another really well and we all got sleepless nights for a while

Dont get me wrong I am not saying dont do it, but I am saying make sure you are fully prepared for it all
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast