Thread: Documentaries/Educational Movies

I'm looking for an e-learning or movie tracker that people think have the best/largest numbers of documentaries(everything from natgeo/discovery/history to academic/university made) and educational films or movies (again from tv ones, to academic ones, to any inbetween) covering a large range in between. I belong to an e-learning tracker but it only has e-books. Thanks for your recommendations/consideration in advance.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    docspedia -> easy to get in, easy ratio.

mvgroup -> open tracker, no invites needed, imho its the king of documentaries. The best if you only need docus

just out of curiosity, which ebook tracker you are talking about?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Try concen.org, It's another name for Conspiracy Central...You can find a few Interesting documentaries their.
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 12-28-2010 at 10:13 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by LubTheStaringCat View Post
    Try concen.org, It's another name for Conspiracy Central...You can find a few Interesting documentaries their.
    Just make sure you have an open mind there, and thick skin if you're gonna play around in the torrent comments area of the site. It is probably the pinnacle source of fringe information, and you'll always find interesting stuff there, as well as a wide array of personalities ranging from the straight up lunatic fringe to some hard scientists, and alot of just generally well informed people. I highly recommend it for that fringe info.

For pure documentary pwnership, MVGroup is the king though. It spans far past just torrent files too, which would be nice if you have other filesharing methods you use.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    docspedia -> easy to get in, easy ratio.

mvgroup -> open tracker, no invites needed, imho its the king of documentaries. The best if you only need docus

just out of curiosity, which ebook tracker you are talking about?
    Ebooksshares.org. Not bad but definitely lacking in some departments

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanks gang. I'm finding that a lot of what I'm looking for simply isn't available online but what is available is still good stuff.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Looks like the url will be changing shortly actually, as they are currently merging the forum and the tracker. so the resulting url will be http://concen.org/ .
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by LubTheStaringCat View Post
    nice site,thanks

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It's an obvious suggestion but I find the big public trackers will also have a lot of docs/edu movies. Only time I use public trackers is when I want to find something I can't find at my private trackers.