Thread: Just finished this fine piece

Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I really like this one:

I edited this out from a black and white Video and played around for 2hours.

Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Here's another one I just finished:

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    you might wanna share some of your works on DeviantArt

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    His work is definitely on Deviantart level, thats for sure.

Bionic: First work, did that actually take you two hours; if so, I definitely recommend reading up on a couple of guides. Recolorations should only realistically take less than 15 minutes (that too, only if you want it perfectly done). You can usually do a recoloration without a lot of effort but to the oblivious user the mistakes will not be apparent.

Second piece of work, while nice, has A LOT of problems. The background is black, the fonts are overlaid but have no drop shadow nor blending mode making them seem like a bad movie trailer gone even worse. The font choice itself is a pain since they clash with one being middle-aged, and the other being some fancy Victorian font. Either stick with one font, or make the distinction highly noticeable by a massive difference in font sizes. Stop randomly rotating the same flower and plastering it over the place, then simply blending it. Emboss the paper around it, at the very least so it has some sort of embedded feeling within the work. Why is the background black, again. Your text overlay at a weird 35 degreeish angle seems to overlay on the lower pages. For such an old piece of paper it sure doesnt seem worn out in any way but color. Burn and distort the edges. Make the effect increase with subsequent pages on the right side of the work instead of just making it fade to black (AGAIN, why is it black). Thats all, I can nitpick some more, but I hope you can see where Im going with this post already.

EDIT: By the way. It took me less than 3 minutes to find you on facebook. How long do you think it would take the authorities... nice to know youre an actor, though.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 01-11-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    I don't mind being found on Twitter/Facebook/Youtube..

I don't like DeviantArt is a waste of my time. It's for my own fun when I have some inspiration to do. 1st one tok me 2hours cause I kept slapping stuff into it and liquifying but thanks for being specific. 2nd one, got no depth, I know. I quit Photoshop last 2years and resumed last week. I don't think I'll continue though cause it's worth a penny.

Ya know... Thanks for being specific. Lol that was all right.. I get with what you're going at. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Bionic; 01-11-2011 at 05:57 PM.