Thread: Tablet war 2011

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I'm sure most of us heard the news about the HP Slate and Asus Eeepad. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Eeepad because of USB 3 and HDMI out. Still a sucker for iOS though, got too many ipas to just ditch the OS (My iDevices were dropped in water and some are lost at work).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    RIM's playbook is debuting this week.

I'm in no hurry to get a tablet though, might pick up interest in a couple years when the price drops and they get more powerful.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-05-2011 at 03:34 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    I was thinking maybe a year or so. Wonder how much the "netbooks" are going to drop in that time frame?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by brilman View Post
    I was thinking maybe a year or so. Wonder how much the "netbooks" are going to drop in that time frame?
    I hope they will drop alot, they make such a nice seedboxes.I recently closed my xirvik and bough myself a small farm of shitty "barebone netbook seedboxes" in my wardrobe

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Honestly I still love the iPad and iPod touch 4g I own they are great products and this is coming from one of if not the biggest apple hater out there. I gota deal I couldn't pass up on both products and now I love these damn things. As far as more powerful goes though thats happening soon. Just take a look at the psp2 being announced the 27th

http://www.redmondpie.com/sony-psp2-...ch-in-q4-2011/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    The Noot. As cheap as an iPod Touch, as powerful as all its tablet brethren.
    Ellipses go here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The 9" screen 'Topaz' may have potential. I have no interest at all in the 7" tablets. I already have an iPhone 4; I don't need another pocket PC.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    The Noot. As cheap as an iPod Touch, as powerful as all its tablet brethren.
    I don't think the words iPod Touch and Cheap belong in the same sentence. Besises the nooks are dead slow from what I have seen. Even not jailbroken just reading books takes seconds to load that the iPad doesn't.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I thought this was an interesting article.

http://gigaom.com/mobile/why-i-just-...-size-matters/

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Since we're on the subject again.

Also this looks interesting as well