Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KaKaRoTo: First PS3 Custom Firmware Released

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    [center]

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    ...and the cat and mouse game between Sony and Homebrew devs begins .

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Unless Sony can remotely change the code with a forced FW update then PS3 users will be OK for a while lol make me wish I had a PS3 lol

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    ...and the cat and mouse game between Sony and Homebrew devs begins .
    I think it just ended...

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    I reckon Sony will try and change the internal code for newer PS3s but until that day which could be year or so away with backlog of 'to be sold' stock lol

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    In portuguese, the guy's nickname means Shit gay.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    as long as i could still play online, this is happening to mine

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yes you can play on line, but you can't play games yet...even if so....we have to wait for the games to be signed and legit like the ABGX and the XBOX 360 game verifing DB...once games are signed as LEGIT as they are now on disc and popped in wont' be any issues, but I"m really excited about some of the software, multiman, etc, and hopefully, hopefully a FULL BLOWN media server and can play those rotten x264's!!!!

So I would wait for a bit, for it to be tested and let it develop....because you don't want to get banned so early, I will not be updating my jailbroken ps3 until it's been develped a little more and I can go online without getting perma banned.

As for Sony blocking this, they CAN'T now there keys leaked, also those KEYS are the same for the PSP!!!! So means you PSP fans get real custom firmware no dicking around. Also the only way for Sony to block this is for a new PS3 with "NEW" hardware and even if they do this, there old games will NOT work on the NEW console, and if Sony wanted to they could easily recall all the old systems in stock in the store, by saying there is a security threat or they could blow up etc.... Sony is at a crossroads, to they want to recall all the old games, ps3's and psp's, and then re produce new games?

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hey, Sony.... Thanks for taking away features I paid extra for, assholes. You guys deserve this.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    any news of somone making and upping this yet? would love to try it. pretty awesmome would love a media center

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast