Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Cd-burner Burning Too Slow?

Poster
    Run>Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>ControlSet001>Control>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
    ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

Now, you have to go to either 0001 or 0002 depending on whether the problem device is on the primary or secondary IDE controller.
    Once you're on the correct one, go to either "MasterDeviceTimingModeAllowed" or "SlaveDeviceTimingModeAllowed" (depending where the problem drive is on the IDE cable). Change the value of the key to "ffffffff" in hex, save, exit regedit and restart computer. Now the device should run at full speed again (until you get any CRC errors).

P.S. As you probably know, you should save a copy of the registry before you go fiddling with it

edited so as not to mess up borders
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #72
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    These check for CD burner problems and the force will fix.
    aspichk.exe
    Force ASPI.exe

The links are gone, check for programs though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #73
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by delphin460@26 February 2004 - 00:10
    Just a suggestion here , but i wouldnt be burning vid files at 48 anyway, they will have problems reading if u do , i always burn at 12 to 16 for movies on avi, and even slower if they are vcd
    That's not true. I always burn movies at 52x and never had a single problem. It might be a problem for some people depending on your burner, your player, your media, and what software you use to burn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #74
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 4th gen@25 February 2004 - 22:11
    Run>Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>ControlSet001>Control>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
    ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

Now, you have to go to either 0001 or 0002 depending on whether the problem device is on the primary or secondary IDE controller.
    Once you're on the correct one, go to either "MasterDeviceTimingModeAllowed" or "SlaveDeviceTimingModeAllowed" (depending where the problem drive is on the IDE cable). Change the value of the key to "ffffffff" in hex, save, exit regedit and restart computer. Now the device should run at full speed again (until you get any CRC errors).

P.S. As you probably know, you should save a copy of the registry before you go fiddling with it

edited so as not to mess up borders
    Thanks, but how do I put the "ffffff" in hex?

Oh god I'm asleep. But please let me know.

As far as the other people's responses, you obviously didn't read my reply

5. Software & Hardware   -   #75
    BANNED
    Bump

I'm here for a couple of hours, so let me know

6. Software & Hardware   -   #76
    BANNED
    Nevermind I found it

If anyone wants to know, VIA IDE Miniport Driver was the program (well.... is) that puts the HDD on UDMA always

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678