Thread: Cd-burner Burning Too Slow?

sorry, wish i could help more. that about all I can think of. Good luck

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    BANNED
    anyone else?

ideas for a slow pc?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Did you say that you were using a different brand disk?

If so, that is likely the culprit.

If your system were at fault I should think that everything you do would be unbearably slow.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    BANNED
    yea but i dunno wtf happened....it just got slow from one day to another....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    BANNED
    well i tried to defrag.....kinda got stuck in 1%.... with AV off and everything off

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    BANNED
    could an xp-repair fix anything?

DWk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    I really think you should try to narrow down your list of possibilities first.

If your defrag stalled at 1% then the first place to look is the condition of your drive(s).
    Using Diskeeper (which I recommend highly,btw) I can defrag in under 15 seconds.

Why not bite the bullet and do a thorough system wide maintenance sweep and then see what happens.

If that doesn't help, try a different brand of blankCD.

If (when) all else fails do a format and reinstall. Then take care not to let things get out of hand again.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Poster
    If you still want to defragment, get Defragmenter Pro Plus from HERE and do all your drives at once. It does them properly, as well.

Sorry, I lost track of your UDMA efforts, did you find out how to change the settings? They're in Device Mangler but not on the CD drive properties, they're on the IDE Controller properties.

Isn't there a setting in Nero to use either Xp's or Nero's ASPI interface? You could check which one it's using...
    Run the Nero InfoTool (you'll find it in the Nero Toolkit sub-menu) and once it's had a sniff of your system, you'll be presented with some info. Click the ASPI tab and you'll see a drop-down box. I have a Lite-On 48x24x48 and have this set to System ASPI, with a yellow box down the bottom of that window saying ASPI is not installed but all my discs still burn at 48x. XP has it's own CD writing capabilities anyway, and Nero must be using that. Perhaps yours is set to Nero ASPI, which never worked for me in the past (stopped burning altogether with my old Mitsumi) and I have no reason to believe it would be better than the way it's running now.

Edit: just some spellings
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    BANNED
    k...about udma, yea i found it...but its set up correctly.... it was before 2...

about the nero toolkit and aspi stuff...its set the same as yours... so that cant be the problem.... ima have to keep narrowing it down...

i downloaded the defragmenter pro plus.... i installed it...gonna defrag i guess.... i be back later, ok?

DWk

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast