Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copying DVD's

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I have a couple DVD's my dad gave me to make copies of for friends and I need to know the easiest way to do this. What program(s) will get the job done? I'm thinking of just making ISO's of each disk and then burning them IMGburn

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    DVDFab, just insert DVD, click copy...you have an option to make a full copy or just main movie (no menus etc). It will make ISO's to if you really want But just put the main DVD, start job once it's done reading it, will eject and pop in blanks, takes about 20 minutes, maybe less depending on speed of your burner/reader. (it's not free, but you can find version of it at various sites/here)
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 01-07-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    [center]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by S!X View Post
    I'm thinking of just making ISO's of each disk and then burning them IMGburn
    Any program capable of doing on-the-fly copies should do. Surprisingly, ImgBurn doesn't appear to be one of them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Try this

edit: its free
    Last edited by Expeto; 01-08-2011 at 06:44 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    AnyDVD + CloneDVD2 are also good choices & are easy to use. You can find them on many general content trackers.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Anydvd is not free but that doesn't stop alot of people. It removes protections on the fly and as long as your firewall stops it from calling home you can fix it to run on your PC with a reg hack. Once anydvd is on your PC any copy program will see the disks as unprotected and do the copying for you. Fast is not always best though, slow and steady wins the quality race. Dvd Shrink (freeware) will allow you to copy a DVD9 (8gig) dvd to dvd5 (4.3gig) and still keep all the goodies though there is some loss involved in doing that.
    If by chance the dvd's are just home made (wedding clips or joey in band from school), then they will not be protected and anydvd is not necessary. In that case a combination of freeware like Dvd Decrypter and Dvd Shrink will do it for you. Decrypter will remove some protections but it hasn't been updated in years. I still use it, though I also have anydvd running in the background so decypter is basically just doing the ripping and anydvd takes care of the protections.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    Anydvd is not free but that doesn't stop alot of people. It removes protections on the fly and as long as your firewall stops it from calling home you can fix it to run on your PC with a reg hack. Once anydvd is on your PC any copy program will see the disks as unprotected and do the copying for you. Fast is not always best though, slow and steady wins the quality race. Dvd Shrink (freeware) will allow you to copy a DVD9 (8gig) dvd to dvd5 (4.3gig) and still keep all the goodies though there is some loss involved in doing that.
    If by chance the dvd's are just home made (wedding clips or joey in band from school), then they will not be protected and anydvd is not necessary. In that case a combination of freeware like Dvd Decrypter and Dvd Shrink will do it for you. Decrypter will remove some protections but it hasn't been updated in years. I still use it, though I also have anydvd running in the background so decypter is basically just doing the ripping and anydvd takes care of the protections.
    These are actual movie DVD's
    Last edited by S!X; 01-08-2011 at 09:48 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm good for you.
    DVD Decrypter + ImgBurn.

Use DVD Decrypter to back up your DVD's folders - much quicker than creating ISO's which is system intensive - and then burn them onto disc with IMGBurn

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MaxxRevs's Avatar n00b
    NERO can do that for you.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks guys, I'll check out all these options and see which route I wanna go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast