Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PassThePopcorn

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    My offer still stands, h.

Regardless of who invites you, h, I believe you will enjoy the site and its content. A lot of work has gone into it, and I believe it is one of the better movie sites available.
    Thanks a lot man, but I think I'll go with the staff thing. My first preferences when trying to get into a site are always open signups and irc channels. Anyway, I do hope it is as good as people say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial
    Also, as to untouched DVD vs. 2.5 gig XVid Avi (Why get XVid by the way? Even at 2.5 gigs, x264 encoders usually encode better), it really depends.
    The problem is that x264 encodes on IPT and TL are almost always 4GB+. And I never burn the movies on DVDs; I watch them on the same desktop computer I download them on. From what you said, I think I'll be better off with BDRips, since block artifacts on the 2GB+ bdrips I've watched so far haven't bothered me too much.

And the reason I thought PTP has a lot of seeds on older movies was I had a friend on a different forum check out the peer stats for some of the older movies I was looking to download, and found all of them fairly well-seeded. After using category-dedicated trackers like what (not a PU) and tvt, I just sort of assumed that the model held for all such trackers. I also thought ptp had a good number of seedbox peers since people say it's hard to maintain a good ratio there.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787
    I find that the plot is usually better in a 4.4 GB DVDR but the superior acting in the BD rips tips the scales in their favour.
    Naturally, that goes without saying. I don't know why you even bothered to bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787
    Btw don't a lot of you twits watch movies on your iPhones/Ipods/Ipads or something so I think suddenly demanding "quality " after happily viewing Saving Private Ryan on a 3" screen makes actual motivation kinda suspect.
    Lol, okay sorry, but who rattled your cage? Are you angry at me for not watching non-mainstream films?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    bigdaddydude's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Good luck with your request.
    It's best to help your friends and be honest instead of burning bridges. There's alot more to life than being a member of the best private tracker. I'm proud to be part of the best community there has ever been.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by hulabula View Post
    Lol, okay sorry, but who rattled your cage? Are you angry at me for not watching non-mainstream films?
    Hardly , the comment wasn't even really directed at you . You were just unfortuantely within the blast radius.
    Anyway even though you can't speel schmucks " Rear Window, Dinner With Shmucks, Devil, Never Let me go, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" is about the most well-balanced confabulation of movies you could have put together.
    Also if cinephilia was still alive he would tell you that sometimes you have to go beyond the norm to find the real quality and Le Diner de Cons upon which Dinner for Schmucks is based pwns the fuck out of Paul Rudd's tepid version .
    Being French it doesn't shrink away from the necessary inherent meanness which is really the failing point of the American remake.
    Btw I like Paul Rudd in the right role.I thought he was good in Role Models.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-08-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    I don't mean to be an ass, but I think you need help with your self esteem issues. It's not good for you to try to impose on other people what you possibly believe to be your superior taste and knowledge at every opportunity you get, because that ultimately increases your reliance on other people for your emotional wellbeing. And in case you care at all, shmuck and schmuck are synonyms, but you're right in that it is spelled schmucks in the name of the movie. I didn't like the movie by the way, and I'm pretty sure thousands of movies will "pwn the fuck" out of it.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Pwned .
    Anyway I wasn't "trying to impose" anything on anybody .I was merely attempting to be friendly by saying that the French movie was maybe a worthwhile watch . If you want to read something into it that wasn't there then fine.
    Btw for not meaning to be an ass you do a remarkably good job of it .
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    The movie suggestion didn't have anything to do with what I wrote. I think I misused impose. What I meant to say basically was that trying to insult people because you think you're better than them, is a self destructive behaviour. Anyway, sorry.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Awww. Group hug...

"[repeatedly singing] And we're the three best friends that anyone could have!"
    -The Hangover
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by hulabula View Post
    I don't mean to be an ass, but I think you need help with your self esteem issues. It's not good for you to try to impose on other people what you possibly believe to be your superior taste and knowledge at every opportunity you get, because that ultimately increases your reliance on other people for your emotional wellbeing. And in case you care at all, shmuck and schmuck are synonyms, but you're right in that it is spelled schmucks in the name of the movie. I didn't like the movie by the way, and I'm pretty sure thousands of movies will "pwn the fuck" out of it.

*Body*Head*Body*

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    If you think Idol's out to assert superiority, you should get out a bit more - 1. It's the internet. 2. It's Idol.

But back on topic, kingdom-release and waf make a lot of 2-2.5g x264 and they're usually watchable. Not that many artifacts, sometimes screen tearing but not really. And you'll find them mostly on public indexers, or the kingdom-kvcd website. You'll find nothing like that on PTP. PTP has a lot of esir, thora, sinners, wiki, etc. groups that are about quality rather than size.

As for seedbox peers on PTP, I'm not all too sure if that's the case for the older movies. Sure they might be more well seeded, but not always. It's worth a shot though - at least the older movies will be encoded at better quality. Seedboxes aren't necessary because of the BP system they have. I haven't been there a month, don't have a seedbox, and I'm doing real fine.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Le Diner de Cons didn't have a scene with a parrot, though.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast