Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PassThePopcorn

Hi. I have been looking up people's opinions on the current best movie trackers and the general consensus seems to be directed towards PTP and PTN. I had used ptn in the past but didn't like it because of its slow speeds and lack of seeders. At the moment I'm using torrentleech for newer titles and btjunkie/ipt and often TL as well for the older ones.

As for my movie interests, I watch mainstream movies only- both old and new, preferably in 2-3gb 720p encodes. Last couple of movies I downloaded are Rear Window, Dinner With Shmucks, Devil, Never Let me go, and one flew over the cuckoo's nest. Anyway, I'll be pretty happy if someone can invite me to the site. Thanks.

Ratio proofs:
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3179/ratioproofd.jpg

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hi, hulabula. I have read through your posts here, and don't see any reason why I shouldn't help you out. PM me your email (gmail, please), and the invite is yours. Please include a link to this thread as a reminder.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-07-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Hey man if your thing with megabyteme falls through I'm going to have to bula on your hula! Naw just kidding I don't even know what that means.

Just keep in mind, PTP is a great site, great community, but really, if you watch mainstream movies, unless you're aiming for security, your main places to go would be indexers like btjunkie or kickasstorrents. If you want DVDRs of Criterion, yes, PTP would be good. But if you wanted the latest 720p of Red from Sinners, you would be better off at IPT or getting it off of public. Also, especially if you're not looking for 4-6 gig transparent 720p, PTPs not going to be for you. They mostly have 4-6 gig with an emphasis on quality. Of course, they're not uptight about it and you will find the occasional kingdom or waf or hdlite, but for the most part, no. IPT + Public is always my first resource for mainstream movies.

I guess you'll learn that on your own.
    Last edited by Waddafocky; 01-07-2011 at 11:36 PM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by BionicAWESOMENESS
    PTN - Invited only through STAFF!
    #hello!
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Did you know:

#hello!
    Urrm, you've got your acronyms confrused. N != P, not even in science.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Did you know:

#hello!
    Urrm, you've got your acronyms confrused. N != P, not even in science.

Re-wooops-tard.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    Hi, hulabula. I have read through your posts here, and don't see any reason why I shouldn't help you out. PM me your email (gmail, please), and the invite is yours. Please include a link to this thread as a reminder.
    Really kind of you. Thanks a lot!! But I just talked to a PTP staff who offered to invite me in as long as I achieved a certain goal, which I'm hoping will take a week at most. So you can save your invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial
    Just keep in mind, PTP is a great site, great community, but really, if you watch mainstream movies, unless you're aiming for security, your main places to go would be indexers like btjunkie or kickasstorrents. If you want DVDRs of Criterion, yes, PTP would be good. But if you wanted the latest 720p of Red from Sinners, you would be better off at IPT or getting it off of public. Also, especially if you're not looking for 4-6 gig transparent 720p, PTPs not going to be for you. They mostly have 4-6 gig with an emphasis on quality. Of course, they're not uptight about it and you will find the occasional kingdom or waf or hdlite, but for the most part, no. IPT + Public is always my first resource for mainstream movies.
    Your confusing mainstream for recent titles only. I enjoy watching popular films from 50s-90s too, but don't dare to start downloading them unless there are at least 20 seeders. In fact on IPT/TL, if you find more than 40 seeds on any movie torrent released before 2009 consider yourself lucky. This is why I decided to go with a movie-only tracker. It sucks when you have to let the peer details decide what movie you'll watch next lol. Oh and I asked on ptp's irc and found out that most of their 720p encodes are indeed 4-6gb's. So I'll just have to save the big gigs for the better films and watch other flicks 10 feet away from my monitor lol. BTW, how well does a 4.4gb DVDR generally compare to a say...2.5gb BDRip XviD avi? I've never watched an untouched DVD.

PTP- To be invited only through staff! (sort of)

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    My offer still stands, h.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the "staff only" invites... if it's a prestige thing, it's silly- just get invited by honest, reputable members and you won't have to worry about invite trees getting banned. As for PTN, they frequently bring in new members through interview. Maybe that's it. As for PtP they have given out a fair amount of invites to members in the past couple months- there shouldn't be any difficulty.

Regardless of who invites you, h, I believe you will enjoy the site and its content. A lot of work has gone into it, and I believe it is one of the better movie sites available.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Bionic: Does that look like a fucking typo to you? Look at your keyboard. You made a ginuwine mistake, I didn't. Sorry. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, in which case I apologize, I say let the damn thing lie.

hulabula: If you find 40 seeds on any movie that's been out for more than a year on PTP, consider yourself lucky. No difference here. It's just that PTP is more tailored to delivering movies than TL/IPT are. The functions are better, the knowledge is better, the quality is better (usually). That doesn't mean that speeds will necessarily be faster. It may be true that you'll probably find more movies on PTP than TL/IPT and public, but that doesn't mean you'll find more mainstream stuff. Mainstream is just that, mainstream. It's everywhere.

Also, as to untouched DVD vs. 2.5 gig XVid Avi (Why get XVid by the way? Even at 2.5 gigs, x264 encoders usually encode better), it really depends. Are you watching on a laptop? Do you burn to DVD and play it in an upscaling DVD player? Keep in mind that SD != HD even when upscaled. A 2.5G BDRip will have a lot more details than a DVD (if encoded properly) but will have a lot more artifacts. It really depends on your preference - if you like to be anal, then go untouched DVD-R or bump up to 4-6 gigs HDRip, the size at which an encode has the possibility to be transparent. Otherwise, get 2-2.5G BDRips.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by hulabula View Post
    Your confusing mainstream for recent titles only. I enjoy watching popular films from 50s-90s too, but don't dare to start downloading them unless there are at least 20 seeders. In fact on IPT/TL, if you find more than 40 seeds on any movie torrent released before 2009 consider yourself lucky. This is why I decided to go with a movie-only tracker. It sucks when you have to let the peer details decide what movie you'll watch next lol. Oh and I asked on ptp's irc and found out that most of their 720p encodes are indeed 4-6gb's. So I'll just have to save the big gigs for the better films and watch other flicks 10 feet away from my monitor lol.
    My suggestion if this is any indication is to seek out only unpopular movies and watch them.

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/awards/nominees/

Quote Originally Posted by hulabula View Post
    BTW, how well does a 4.4gb DVDR generally compare to a say...2.5gb BDRip XviD avi? I've never watched an untouched DVD.
    I find that the plot is usually better in a 4.4 GB DVDR but the superior acting in the BD rips tips the scales in their favour.

Btw don't a lot of you twits watch movies on your iPhones/Ipods/Ipads or something so I think suddenly demanding "quality " after happily viewing Saving Private Ryan on a 3" screen makes actual motivation kinda suspect.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast