Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any Waffles staff here which I can talk to, since I just get kicked from IRC

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Edit: Issue has been solved

--------

I have been banned from Waffles for "Staff abuse" and am not able to neither state my case or ask for a second chance in help channel.

All I got was someone named radicaldino saying: "RainMaker: you are banned for staff abuse." RainMaker being my username on there obviously. Then I got kicked. Upon autojoining 5 seconds later and asking about this all I got was "being kicked is not an invitation to rejoin" and was kicked again.

Obviously I probably said something on Thursday night, I distinctly remember getting quite interested in some thread regarding a possible seed bonus. After posting in it a few times I noticed it was locked and not only that, every post of mine but the latest was poof gone into thin air. Another poster, who had been replying, looked like a raving schizophrenic discussing points with himself, with no counterpart.

I then wrote staff saying that they might as well delete the last post as well, being the post was pointless, when the other posts were gone.

I have no idea how this constitutes "staff abuse", but since it is what it is, I would very much like to ask for a second chance here, where I am allowed to state my case.

I am very very sorry for everything that I have done to make you think I deserve this ban. I ask your forgiveness and plea to be given a second chance. If I'm sucvh a nuisance on the forums, then feel free to take away my posting rights, rather than this complete ban. I seed what I download and even have a 1.00+ ratio, so obviously my posting is more of a problem.

Pretty please with sugar on top

Love and best wishes

NightOwl AKA RainMaker on Waffles
    Last edited by Night0wl; 01-09-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    posting on tracker forums and FST, you risk being kicked out.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by senegal View Post
    posting on tracker forums and FST, you risk being kicked out.
    That's a pretty stupid statement. As if there was something wrong with posting on FST. You aren't risking anything if you don't do anything stupid here, for example trading your invites. I recall Idol got banned from a couple of places just for staffing here, however.

NightOwl, that's the first time I hear of someone getting banned for "staff abuse". I'm not sure there are any Waffles staff members here but I hope you get it solved.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Let me tell you one thing:

Move on.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I have nowhere to move on to. What doesn't allow Vuze, Waffles does. While the two smaller lossless trackers are great, easy to seed and have lots of great content, fact is that without Waffles I will be missing out on some great lossless releases.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    speak your opinion and get ban? seems familiar..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    All I see on the site recommended to do is join the help channel and wait to get your "problem" solved .
    Other than that and it's a poor substitute, people who have been banned for innocuous reasons seem to be able to be re-invited . https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422423-Banned-from-tracker...Possibility-of-getting-back-in?highlight=banned+Waffles
    If you need to go that route just tell me as I have a bunch of invites burning a hole in my pocket anyway and would certainly trust you with one.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-08-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Yeah. Is this or that.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Other than that and it's a poor substitute, people who have been banned for innocuous reasons seem to be able to be re-invited .
    You must have permission from the staff to go that way; the re-enablement process precisely involves giving them the invite link on IRC so that they re-enable your old account.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I believe anon is correct here. That offer is for people who are dragged unwillingly into something constituting a ban, but they personally have no part in the reason i.e. a third party is at fault.

I do thank you very much for the offer though and if that becomes a viable route, I will take you up on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast