Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is wrong with these people?

惡魔的提倡者
    AZ representative shot.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-public-event/

Edit

One child reported dead.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 01-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Don't you mean, "WTF is wrong with THAT person" ?

Not "THESE" people?

Who are you referring to by "THESE" people?

This was the action of a mentally ill person.

He acted alone.

No one made him do anything.

To blame anyone else for the actions of an individual-- a crazy individual-- is ridiculous.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    To blame anyone else for the actions of an individual-- a crazy individual-- is ridiculous.
    How did an obviously "crazy" person get a hold of a semi-automatic assault weapon?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I read this awhile back.. It's still in my head. I mean, wow.. 6down. He must be really crazy trained for that.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    惡魔的提倡者
    Don't you mean, "WTF is wrong with THAT person" ?

Not "THESE" people?

Who are you referring to by "THESE" people?

This was the action of a mentally ill person.

He acted alone.

No one made him do anything.

There have been many threats sent to lawmakers, there has been attacks on offices, there has even been an anthrax attack. This incident may just be one person, he may not be connected to any party, group , cause or religion, but it isn't alone. Even if it was just random it's hardly unique. So yes THESE PEOPLE.

I drive down Elm st. often. I was a still kid in the 60s. I always hoped each generation would be more civil. Lately it seems violence is the preferred choice of making disagreement known.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    By your logic, Jodie Foster should have been held responsible for the shooting of Reagan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

It was Hinckley's fault, not Foster's.

He was a crazy individual who did an insane act.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I don't quite follow. All the other stuff ie the anthrax, the other attacks, and the threats, aren't those acts by crazy people holding the same or similar opinions?

Or is this special because people got killed? Is the other stuff done by a better class of crazy with less wrong in the head?
    Last edited by Snee; 01-09-2011 at 02:54 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    惡魔的提倡者
    By your logic, Jodie Foster should have been held responsible for the shooting of Reagan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

It was Hinckley's fault, not Foster's.

What the hell are you talking about?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

Aided and abetted by the NRA and all the "defenders of the 2nd Amendment" who believe that gun ownership should be completely unfettered.
    Also enabled by Arizona Governor Brewer who made your state one of three that don't even require a permit for concealed carry of weapons.

Reading the Denver Post website this morning, I was struck by the juxtaposition of the Giffords story with that of a local story about the shooting of three people (one dead) by a sixteen year old.
    So, within 24 hours we have an obviously disturbed person (who legally- apparently- purchased a weapon) and a sixteen year old who also managed to obtain a handgun...all due to our insanely lax gun control laws.

So much for the "well regulated militia".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Aided and abetted by the NRA and all the "defenders of the 2nd Amendment" who believe that gun ownership should be completely unfettered.
    Also enabled by Arizona Governor Brewer who made your state one of three that don't even require a permit for concealed carry of weapons.

Reading the Denver Post website this morning, I was struck by the juxtaposition of the Giffords story with that of a local story about the shooting of three people (one dead) by a sixteen year old.
    So, within 24 hours we have an obviously disturbed person (who legally- apparently- purchased a weapon) and a sixteen year old who also managed to obtain a handgun...all due to our insanely lax gun control laws.

So much for the "well regulated militia".
    While I'm a gun rights person myself, I do agree that we have a very low bar of safety, competence, training and enforcement. But gun laws, or lack of, are unlikely the reason WHY this occurred.

Despite 9's apparent inside knowledge, we only have speculation so far as to any possible reasons or influences.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast