Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HDBits.org

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I had been asking Idol out for months, but he just couldn't settle down with someone as sensitive as I was. So I went back there and told him that I was my twin sister, Olga (and took off the dress he prefers people wear for role play in his Coal Black and the seven Black Coles play). Poor chap, never saw the ruse. The only caveat was we forgot Anarkial was still acting his role out, of a chair in the play.
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    . The only caveat was we forgot Anarkial was still acting his role out, of a chair in the play.
    No that's his usual level of awareness.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    And unlike him never wears a dress.
    He calls it a "cloak". It covers him when he is masturbating. You [i]really don't want to see the inside of it- think "used kleenex".
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    . The only caveat was we forgot Anarkial was still acting his role out, of a chair in the play.
    No that's his usual level of awareness.
    The fact that a chair caught you having sex with a hairy dwarf in a dress is satisfying, though.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    You've got a point there.

Probably has a lot to do with Darth Ringworm being a screamer though.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    Not my fault you clench every time I say your name wrong.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Not my fault you clench every time I say your name wrong.
    Actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    And the same applies for me. It would be a tad hypocritical of me to hold this against you when I myself enjoy it (perhaps as much as you would have). (EDIT: ) That isn't the reason I'm not going to hold this against, you, though. I'm not simply because there's no reason to. You want something, sure. I will hold you absolutely liable for owning the 202's, though. That's something I cannot overlook.

At any rate, even within the HDBits community itself, a crowd pleaser is Usenet. The thing is, and the thing most people don't realize is, if you actually care about quality, you can skip HDBits entirely, and check out Chinese group's sources on Usenet. A source will always be of higher quality than an encode, and the latter is why HDBits is sought after (or at least I'd like to think so in an ideal world). However, if you're looking for sources, Usenet, HDBits, CHDBits and HDChina all end up being practically equivalent to one another. With Usenet in the far far lead. That and the fact that some HDB internal groups take the time and dedication to post their material on Usenet themselves.

P.S. Note that I'm a movie nut. TV shows not much, but yes, some things like the Daily Show and Late Night talk shows get exclusive HDB caps that don't make it elsewhere, but those same episodes make it on BMTV (because their capping crew is just as proficient).
    You are forgetting about one important thing, and that thing is an emotional attachment to a tracker. HDBits was my first HD tracker; I felt lost when I lost my account there. Using usenet will never give you the same kind of satisfaction that you can get from using a bittorrent tracker. On a bittorrent tracker, someone will press a thank you button if you upload something; on a bittorrent tracker, you will find a community that cares about the content the tracker has. If you are emotionally attached to a tracker, you will get an amazing feeling if you are simply in the irc channel that belongs to that particular tracker.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post

You are forgetting about one important thing, and that thing is an emotional attachment to a tracker. HDBits was my first HD tracker; I felt lost when I lost my account there. Using usenet will never give you the same kind of satisfaction that you can get from using a bittorrent tracker. On a bittorrent tracker, someone will press a thank you button if you upload something; on a bittorrent tracker, you will find a community that cares about the content the tracker has. If you are emotionally attached to a tracker, you will get an amazing feeling if you are simply in the irc channel that belongs to that particular tracker.
    I'm emotional attached to a few people, my cat , a particular ancient but trusty all white road racing bike and if pressed maybe my old High School .

I feel lost when I'm someplace new and I don't have a clue where I am and sometimes on this forum when it's making even less sense than usual.

When someone posts only " thanks" on a torrent I think they are either forgivably non-English speaking or simply unable to post anything more interesting because of lack of real interest /caring or intelligence.

I'm not a member of HDbits ( although I've been strangely offered ) so although I don't really know but as far as I hear from reliable sources it's populated by some of the most egotistical,unreasonable and unconscionable putzes in all of bt land who "care about the content" only as far as that extends to it being HD and "the latest" , not otherwise it being "good" or anything.

Otherwise as far as bt "communities" and no offense to those that see it differently , but I find them basically devoid of true caring, true friendship, true devotion , true insight ( in any way that I measure it) and most importantly a genuine sense of fun unless I'm missing something and posting lol and 8/10 is any of those.

As for irc if by "amazing" you mean queasy then I totally agree.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-01-2011 at 07:30 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    I'm not a member of HDbits ( although I've been strangely offered ) so although I don't really know but as far as I hear from reliable sources it's populated by some of the most egotistical,unreasonable and unconscionable putzes in all of bt land who "care about the content" only as far as that extends to it being HD and "the latest" , not otherwise it being "good" or anything.

Otherwise as far as bt "communities" and no offense to those that see it differently , but I find them basically devoid of true caring, true friendship, true devotion , true insight ( in any way that I measure it) and most importantly a genuine sense of fun unless I'm missing something and posting lol and 8/10 is any of those.

As for irc if by "amazing" you mean queasy then I totally agree.
    Here comes the mandatory defense from my side of things:

Sure, everyone watches the "latest and greatest" releases, and everyone wants them as soon as possible (thus the latest factor isn't completely lost), but a lot of people on HDB (in my opinion) do have a great taste in movies. I have on a couple of occasions asked for movie recommendations/searches, and even though I didn't always get what I wanted or was looking for, I nonetheless was exposed to movies that are indeed great (the "in my opinion" part applies here as well). So forgive me if I don't believe you when you say that the HDBits crowd doesn't care about the quality of the movie, as much as they do about the viewing quality. Some do, and it would be silly to assume otherwise (even you have to concede to this one, just like Ebert conceded to games possibly being art (see what I did there?)).

I have to agree about the community aspect, but even you yourself acknowledge that community is how much you care about the people around you/and who you associate with. In that regard, and mindless +1; 9.5/10 inception.dvdscr-retard; rate this lesbian couple; posts aside BT does have room for "community" to develop. It's the majority of idiots (the greatest collection on any protocol, if you ask me) that run that possibility down. As for your distaste towards IRC, that's up to personal opinions, but I do frequent a couple of channels that I enjoy, and I've heard (through here) that the What.CD VIP channel is also fantastic. There are exceptions to every rule, and just because the majority of people seem to be idiots, doesn't mean that you can't find your own minority to enjoy being around (the best analogy for this seems to be Creationists).
    Ellipses go here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast