Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: moving to usenet...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Bijoy all this talk got me to try usenet for the first time last night .
    Newsleecher seems like a good program and I certainly like the ( best) part about not dealing with adolescents but it seems to be almost entirely scene . I also found it a little confusing trying to find anything and in the end just downloaded some shit (Deathrace 2 ) using the NBZ here to test it out.
    Anyway I'm seriously considering dropping a few bucks on Astraweb's pay per usage option ( with my monthly internet cap $25 would go a long way ) and give it a fairer test .
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Wow, you finally took the first step.

Mostly scene? Sure, FST's indexing is mostly about scene, but I can assure you if you use newsleecher's embedded supersearch or a site like nzbindex.nl, you will find that usenet is mostly about non-scene.

Drop me a PM if you need further guidance.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    unfortunately supersearch has started yet again to leave out many posts recently...at least the ones i tried to find
    to be honest im quite fed up with NL customer support or rather the lack of it.... and pretty sure im not gonna renew my subscription until they get their shit together

the best built-in search is in usenet explorer. but its kinda sophisticated and not user-friendly newsreader so i definitely wouldnt recommend it to a newbie
    the best web based search out there is a combination of nzbindex.nl+mysterbin.com (searching within archives- total pwnage)+binsearch.info
    Last edited by Hypatia; 01-11-2011 at 07:36 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    FST's indexing is mostly about scene, but I can assure you if you use newsleecher's embedded supersearch or a site like nzbindex.nl, you will find that usenet is mostly about non-scene.

well, Cabalo, help me in one thing please...
    Presently, I'm in the trial offer of giganews diamond.. one problem is: generally I'm interested only on apps, movies (hd & sd) and pc-bxox-ps3 games..
    Now leaving out the games part to bcg, I need 2 things from usenet, movies & apps. As we know scene release of movies are not so good, so, is there any server/indexers where I can find really good quality of movie??

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Bijoy all this talk got me to try usenet for the first time last night .
    Nice to see that you can also understand the present condition of bitorrent.
    Last edited by bijoy; 01-11-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Teh n00b.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Good point.

Regarding the movies, what I first do is to look for the encode group I'm looking for. So I go to nzbmatrix and look for all the existent encodes of the movie I look for. Once I've found the one that suits me the best, I lookup for its retention date.
    Then, I look for that movie on a site such as nzbindex.nl, and lookup for the result matching the same age. And voilá, there I have it.

For apps, I usually look for what's released on 0daykingz and then try to find it either at merlins-portal, nzbmatrix, nzbs.org or nzbsrus, and if it isn't yet available, manually look for it on nzbindex.nl. I always look for the size of the release so I'm assured I'm not releasing some fake release.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Talking about high quality movies..
    The thing is many bluray movies are hard to find on usenet coz of stupid archive names, passwords and such like

If you want to get full blu-rays easy then u might want to consider joining abhdtv.net

i would say da best sourse for blu-rays that are available on usenet.

The bad side is you gotta pay $20\year and they have stupid rules.

and another one that has a large section for german blurays(of course they have english audio) is http://www.realmom.info/ (free)

Cabalo,
    to be honest its not a challenge to find 99% of movies spotted on nzbmatrix using all 3 search index sites ive mentioned when you are experienced enough with the way things are on usenet

and sometimes matrix just doesnt have the right one.

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Hypatia; 01-11-2011 at 08:54 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post

The bad side is you gotta pay $20\year and they have stupid rules.
    If it involves HD then of course they have stupid rules.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Here's another comment regarding your $160 spending during each month on silly PRIVATE-TORRENT-TRACKERS.

Deuces±
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Frankly saying anon, the ratio-master thingy is doing too much hram, for those who use it and also for those who use gbps seedbox.. Hery hard to differentiate between them..
    I don't know what that's supposed to mean but if both the RM and a gigabit seedbox do H-RAM then I'd go for the former. I have one gig and a half but memory that generates itself out of thin air is always welcome.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Frankly saying anon, the ratio-master thingy is doing too much hram, for those who use it and also for those who use gbps seedbox.. Hery hard to differentiate between them..
    I don't know what that's supposed to mean but if both the RM and a gigabit seedbox do H-RAM then I'd go for the former. I have one gig and a half but memory that generates itself out of thin air is always welcome.
    my typing mistake causing trouble..

@ Cabalo: thanks!!!
    @ Hypatia: not really the blueray movies, but some good release of HD release will do that job for me..
    Last edited by bijoy; 01-12-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Teh n00b.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast