Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets Talk About BT v2

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @1ntrans1t. It's just the problem with the sort of people that sign up to your site. Normal people use Demonoid, because it has the real carte blanche of free hit and running, optional ratio, and almost instant access. Everyone I know who torrents closes their torrents as soon as they hit 100%, that is the norm for torrenting. These public trackers succeed because people with fast pipes will make up for the slow users by reaching a ratio well over 1 by the time they realize they are at 100% and delete the torrent.

edit: did not realize I submitted this, was on the phone/not paying attention. I have a better written one below.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-16-2011 at 05:45 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    @1ntrans1t. It's just the problem with the sort of people that sign up to your site. Normal people use Demonoid, because it has the real carte blanche of free hit and running, optional ratio, and almost instant access. Everyone I know who torrents closes their torrents as soon as they hit 100%, that is the norm for torrenting. These public trackers succeed because people with fast pipes will make up for the slow users by reaching a ratio well over 1 by the time they realize they are at 100% and delete the torrent.
    hjahahaha. I'm a retard. Thought I was responding to a different thread. But just for shits and giggles, I know you, and never remove torrents from my client unless they are crap quality or a crap movie. Yeah, I'm one of those weird ones that actually watches/listens to all the stuff I download, but there are plenty of people, even on public trackers, that seed forever, despite your limited exposure to them.
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 01-16-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: i r stoopid
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @1ntrans1t. Normal people use Demonoid, because it has the real carte blanche of free hit and running, optional ratio, and almost instant access. Everyone I know who irl closes their torrents as soon as they hit 100%, and that is the norm for torrenting. Torrenting publicly succeeds because people with fast pipes will offset slow uploading users by reaching a ratio well over 1 by the time they realize they are at 100% and delete the torrent.

BCG succeeds privately because they offer something demonoid doesn't; reliable and virus-free cracked game content. Seed-time is a small trade-off for this high quality standard. PTN has tons of random crap that doesn't need to be on a tracker website, and speeds equivalent to demonoid. It has a worse chance to get the results you want when you search, because of the tiny userbase. Sure you can think the site has incentives like 'total traffic', but in reality they are probably not even incentives for most users, or at least not good enough ones in comparison to other options. Also there is the fact that private trackers seem to attract the most moronic folk out there, but I guess that might be the reality of the world/the torrenting-world in general, outside of my own social bubble, ie that circular narrative of the dumb human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    hjahahaha. I'm a retard. Thought I was responding to a different thread. But just for shits and giggles, I know you, and never remove torrents from my client unless they are crap quality or a crap movie. Yeah, I'm one of those weird ones that actually watches/listens to all the stuff I download, but there are plenty of people, even on public trackers, that seed forever, despite your limited exposure to them.
    Sure there are altruists, but it's not the norm and it's not even needed for the system to work. And I don't normally download for buffer either (ie excluding what.cd, but then again by recently snatching big top10 releases, I've changed my musical tastes for the better), not sure what is weird about watching everything you download, that is also normal in the big picture.

ps I meant 'know' and in people I see face to face in real life. I'm not trying to put any of my online friends down, but lets face it we are all far from normal (ie casual) torrenters and are a bad measure for comparison and example.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-16-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4

Sure there are altruists, but it's not the norm and it's not even needed for the system to work. And I don't normally download for buffer either (ie excluding what.cd, but then again by recently snatching big top10 releases, I've changed my musical tastes for the better), not sure what is weird about watching everything you download, that is also normal in the big picture.

ps I meant 'know' and in people I see face to face in real life. I'm not trying to put any of my online friends down, but lets face it we are all far from normal (ie casual) torrenters and are a bad measure for comparison and example.
    I only added the "use the stuff I download" statement to snub all the buffer whores that really did take the enjoyment out of the hobby. I agree with you on pretty much everything you've said, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123