13 30.23%
  • IdolEyes787

17 39.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Damn Mod Of 2010

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    You can vote for several.

Submit psychological advice if necessary.

The moderators (short singular form: "mod") are users (or employees) of the forum who are granted access to the posts and threads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion (similar to arbitration) and also keeping the forum clean (neutralizing spam and spambots etc.).[19] Because they have access to all posts and threads in their area of responsibility, it is common for a friend of the site owner to be promoted to moderator for such a task. Moderators also answer users' concerns about the forum, general questions, as well as respond to specific complaints. They also can do anything to lend a helping hand to a user in need.[20] Moderators themselves may have ranks: some may be given mod privileges over only a particular topic or section, while others (called 'global' or 'super') may be allowed access anywhere. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning, warning the members, or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.[21] 'Junior Modding' or 'Backseat Modding' can refer negatively to the behavior of ordinary users who take a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members.
    Essentially, it is the duty of the moderator to manage the day-to-day affairs of a forum or board as it applies to the stream of user contributions and interactions. The relative effectiveness of this user management directly impacts the quality of a forum in general, its appeal, and its usefulness as a community of interrelated users.

Administrator

(short form: "admin") manage the technical details required for running the site. As such, they may promote (and demote) members to moderators, manage the rules, create sections and sub-sections, as well as perform any database operations (database backup etc.). Administrators often also act as moderators. Administrators may also make forum-wide announcements, or change the appearance (known as the skin) of a forum.[21]
    The term prune used extensively in administration panels is synonymous with delete or remove. The term comes from pruning, the practice of removing diseased, non-productive, or otherwise unwanted portions from a plant.
    Last edited by 100%; 01-01-2011 at 09:37 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Thank you for posting this, 100%. As I commented on another thread, I was wondering whether we'd have the 2010 version of the poll this year.

My votes go to Mr. Cabalo Generous Stallone and KFlint, the latter taking lots of time to delete "spam" posts by me and other members in the invite section.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Where's Idol?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Idol is mod?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    He was through a good part of the year. He brought A LOT of good to the site, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    He was through a good part of the year. He brought A LOT of good to the site, IMO.
    Agreed. I was rather surprised the day I was catching up with the new posts as usual, and saw his stars had turned green.
    Last edited by anon; 12-31-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Cabalo and SonsofLiberty for making the NZB section so awesome!

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Cabalo definitely, he is the most stylish person on this board

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

discuss & vote

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    No worst mod of the year this year?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast