Thread: Status of BitMeTV.Org

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You called?
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux View Post

f*ckin' seedboxes? . Your argument is like this: Since my home connection is XX then anyone doing better than me is making it hard for ME to seed. Well, obviously. But if you have a HOME 50 Mbit/s connection, you are making it harder for anyone with a 3 Mbit/s, and those are making it hard for dial up user.

So either trackers make all users go dial up, so that those with dial up don't feel left behind, or accept as the fact that home users will need to have a different seeding strategy as they do now (the successful ones anyone).

I don't see 100 Mbit/s seedbox users complain about gigabit seedbox users, by the way. This is a hobby, and as a hobby some people will want to spend just a bit on it (maybe their home connection, however slow it is), some will spend a bit more and for some it's just a passion and they will spends lots of money as long as it's fun for them.

If you don't want a seedbox - that's fine, don't get one. But either seed for a long time (which is great, it helps keep deep archives) or realize that some trackers are not just for you. There are lot of trackers for more casual users, what's wrong with them?
    Case in point .
    To elaborate.

Overlooking the fact that ( by your username) you like the previous poster have a vested interested in propagating that sort of thinking , you like the previous poster, for a "smart " person seem to have a questionable understanding of mathematics.
    ( Again ) Overlooking the fact that anyone the least active on a tracker is unlikely to be on dial-up , it's not a case of 10Mb/s uploaders being equally adverse to slower connections as 100Mb/s up/down . If a person is downloads at those speeds and I upload at say 1 Mb/s I have,what, 15 seconds before all possibility of "gaining" anything from them is gone? At lesser speeds I have at least corresponding more time to at attempt to get something out of the process besides a warning for bad ratio.

Btw not to be a heretic here but I think the whole situation is badly screwed and seeding time as opposed to seeding speed should be of the greatest import.
    Again heretical thinking but with more people likely to then join a swarm I doubt if speeds would suffer very much but on the other hand retention would probably increase.

Oh yes if your definition of casual as opposed to "serious " user is simply the amount of largely unused files they consistantly download then someone needs a perspective readjustment.

PS again I see your reason for expounding such malarkey but do you really seriously think that anyone rents a seedbox and spends either an inordinate time or money on building outlandish ratios because it's actually " fun?"

PPS why the fuck should anyone be required to "have a strategy " for an institution supposedly about sharing and fun?
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I don't know how to respond since my already precarious toehold on reality has been severely shaken by your apparent move to the Darkside. Attachment 64131
    I've always been there.

Something something something...dark side...

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    f*ckin' seedboxes? . Your argument is like this: Since my home connection is XX then anyone doing better than me is making it hard for ME to seed. Well, obviously. But if you have a HOME 50 Mbit/s connection, you are making it harder for anyone with a 3 Mbit/s, and those are making it hard for dial up user.
    Well i said that because i'm against seedbox, not because they make me harder to seed or envy, heh. I don't have problem with seeding. But, just consider this example: 1 guy with average home connection gets 1tb by seeding 100 files for say 1 month, another guy gets same upload by seeding 1 very popular torrent from seedbox for 2-3 days. And this situation is quite close to reality i figure. The 2nd guy doesn't have to seed anything now for a while, can get anything and hit-n-run. Not really good for retention of files, and you can bring up any arguments for seedbox defense, but it's true. Not all seedbox users do bad such bad seeding though. I remember couple of times downloading pretty old stuff from seedbox. Well it's mostly matter of conscience, loving to share, and etc.
    My opinion, only solution: trackers should adopt some rules to prevent collection extra amounts of upload on new and popular torrents using fast connections, eg like say on certain music tracker.
    I guess i make your business looks bad, well sorry if so, but that's how i see things

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I don't know how to respond since my already precarious toehold on reality has been severely shaken by your apparent move to the Darkside. Attachment 64131
    I've always been there.

Something something something...dark side...
    You know for some reason I always pictured you to be taller.
    family_guy_sw_stewie.jpg

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I don't see 100 Mbit/s seedbox users complain about gigabit seedbox users, by the way. This is a hobby, and as a hobby some people will want to spend just a bit on it (maybe their home connection, however slow it is), some will spend a bit more and for some it's just a passion and they will spends lots of money as long as it's fun for them.
    A hobby? Stamp collecting is a hobby. Playing computer games is a hobby. Watching sports is a hobby. Watching an singular, artificial number go up as you waste countless dollars is not some kind of pastime or something the people enjoy doing because they're passionate about it.

It's for ego, it's for epeen, it's for getting into "rarer" torrents sites, and nothing more. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux
    or realize that some trackers are not just for you. There are lot of trackers for more casual users, what's wrong with them?
    Oh I'm sorry. BMTV is a hobby for the TRULY HARDCORE, and I'm just way too casual. I'll leave the self perpetuating elitists who can't think of anything better to do with their money to stay on BMTV, while I trod over to TVT, which has far better speeds on older files, far better retention, and a far more extensive selection of shows. Cause, you know, I'm just not hardcore enough for BMTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post
    If you stay on torrents long enough regardless of speed you will earn huge rewards....

...long hours seeding and patient leeching on a home ADSL connection ... lack of leeching, and the free upload and endless seeding to the buffer.
    Yes. Lets spend months and months trying to maintain a buffer while carefully only downloading the smallest amount of actual content in order to ensure that my buffer remains intact. At the same time, TVT can max my upload pipe on even the oldest shows, so I never have to worry about my ratio. The choices, the choices...

In addition, Idol raised a very good point, as you mentioned that you garnered this buffer quite a long time ago, almost 3 years ago (not sure exactly how long, but you mentioned you had your buffer well before March 2009). The BT landscape has changed significantly since then, and I'm sure that there are now exponentially more seed boxes than there were 3 years ago (especially at sites like BMTV). While it's may be possible that you may have maintained such a ratio 3 years ago (apologies for not thinking of this earlier and calling you an outright liar), that is essentially a completely irrelevant point now, as what people really care about is what BMTV is like now, rather than in perhaps some golden age of BMTV 3 years ago when it was actually easy to seed. You can't compare apples and oranges and expect it to be relevant.

And has anyone noticed that the ones most staunchly defending BMTV are the ones who have the most to lose? I bet if people stopped using BMTV they'd lose quite a significant chunk of their business.
    Last edited by Rart; 01-14-2011 at 07:22 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Rart, are you guys talking about tvtorrents.ro?
    Just asking because I migrated there when I lost my bitmetv account, about a year and a half ago, and found it to be far from a replacement of bitmetv as far as content went. So much that I went back to IRC to get BMTV back...

Have things changed that much since then, or is it a different site you are speaking about?

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Just asking because I migrated there when I lost my bitmetv account, about a year and a half ago, and found it to be far from a replacement of bitmetv as far as content went. So much that I went back to IRC to get BMTV back...

Have things changed that much since then, or is it a different site you are speaking about?
    How about you not jump in, I was getting smarter reading this back & forth; Rart/IdolEyes787 VS the world....

PS: From what I gather BitMeTV < TVT < BTN
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 01-14-2011 at 09:32 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post

I was talking about TVT.com.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post

How about you not jump in, I was getting smarter reading this back & forth; Rart/IdolEyes787 VS the world....

PS: From what I gather BitMeTV < TVT < BTN

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post

If that's all you got from all this then obviously not enough.

Btw to dispel any thoughts of mere sour grapes on my part.

2dca4bb.png

I really just want to lay out the true facts here . Despite delusions self-servicing protests to the contrary it has gotten progressively harder to effectively seed on BMTV but they are hardly alone in that unfortunate circumstance and as Rart my apparent tag-team partner said the question isn't "what silly strategies do you need to employ to get around the fact?" or as the seedbox providers would like you to believe "how much is it reasonable to spend to alleviate the "problem ? " but rather " is any of it really worth the trouble" ?

Anyway if you think that a protocol originally designed ( repeating myself) for unbiased sharing should degenerate into a multi-tier system merely for the egos and profit of a minority then I'm afraid that there is nothing I can do about it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast