Thread: Itunes Money Goes To Riaa

iTunes Money Goes Straight to the RIAA

Despite all the perceived success of the new pay for download services nobody is making any money out of the 99c a song model except the RIAA. The Register have quoted Steve Jobs as saying that almost all the money goes straight to the music companies.

Steve has admitted that they view it as a loss leader in order to stimulate demand for the iPod and other Apple devices. With other services not putting strong emphasis on sales of other devices they could be making large losses.

So the few dollars that you part with for you iTunes sales are going straight into the hands of the RIAA. Something Downhill battle have been trying to bring to users attentions for some time slamming claims that iTunes is good for artists. They have slammed it as an "unfair business model onto a new medium".

Read more from The Register

DownHill Battles Anti-iTunes page is here

Source

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    OH NO!!! Damnit MAC this is why MAC SUCKS AND WINDOWS RULES!!!

PS: MAC SUCKS!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

PS #2: wait Mac is conncted to Itunes right?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    well its not like i didn't expect the money to go straight to the riaa

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster

Thanks for that SH.
    This just makes me more mad. Next time someone says ITunes is great on here I'm gonna go freakin' NUTZ

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by sharedholder@8 November 2003 - 01:30
    DownHill Battles Anti-iTunes page is here
    LOL! That page is funny!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    exactly..I already made a big post about this fucking Itunes and Napster crap.... All of them who use this shit support the RIAA and are also complete idiots...
    that's true... and some people even didn't agree with me..yeah go and support the riaa.. hopefully there'll be not so much idiots in the future..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thats suck.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    the success of itunes and the new napster is the best thing possible for kazaa and other &#39;illegal&#39; p2p applications. if they succeed in convincing most average pc users that downloading for free is too hard and too dangerous, and get them to pay with these services, they will care less about trying to kill real p2p. i personally beleive all intellectual property laws are bullshit, but there is too much money at stake for them to ever change. so the best we can hope for is enough people to use pay services so the corporations aren&#39;t worried about &#39;pirates&#39; anymore.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    In theory yeah, but they are sooo greedy we could not take the chance, it cant be said for sure that once they make a bundle on Itunes they wil stop chasing pirates, more likely the extra cash they wil earn will go straight into the funding to destroy pirating altogether.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    well as long as you are buying music you are supporting the riaa