Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker?

Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    If you want to be angry, be angry at multi-national corporations, operating with impunity and no regulation, who hold sway over ALL world governments. That is the real problem, the centralization of wealth. Once America stops being the big dog on earth, those corporations will put their money elsewhere, and already are doing so in China in anticipation of their inevitable ousting of the US from the top spot. It's a problem, much, MUCH bigger, than one government, or one nations economy. It's a world economy, and we are finally starting to see that.
    I am well-versed in this topic but didn't imagine that many other people would want to engage me on that level, so I just made it relatively simple by attaching a visible and very-present entity (America) to my claim. I agree with everything you have said, and I just said Romania as an addition to everyone banning Romania.
    Fair enough. It made me go "c'mon, really?" when I read it And of course, being the over(t?)ly opinionated fellow that I am, I couldn't just let it sit there unanswered
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 01-21-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: it's all fun and games till someone misses the point
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert A. Heinlein
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Maybe, because USA does the above so effectively and efficiently?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Mr. Torrentstorm BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker? Since I live in the United States, I would like to find out the answer to this question. What makes us so good that we are not banned from any tracker?
    Well, why is Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Holland and many other countries not banned in any trackers yet? I guess that the number of cheaters are so low that it wouldn't make sense to ban a whole country. I don't believe that Americans/Danes/Swedes/UK are cheating that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post
    Because the U.S. steals money from other countries (such as Romania), enriches their own economy with the money, so U.S. users will most likely have more disposable cash (donations), which is the most important factor for any private tracker.
    LOL, it's hard to take you statement seriously. Should I blame USA for everytime that Romanian illegal gypsy immigrants are coming to Denmark with the purpose to rob and to steal stuffs? USA has nothing to do with ban of Romanian users.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by cruen View Post
    can someone take a few photographs of united states and post here ..

i dont know how united states looks like ?
    6a00d8341c858253ef00e5508ac3fc8833-640wi.jpg

426-smokestack--125991150056202600.jpg

dirty-hippy1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    a rough estimate here, 1 in 400 usa members will cheat/trade/dupe (still a lot with the amount of americans in trackers, but not something that the staff cant handle)
    Other places, 1-10 will be a cheat/trader/dupe (but they have less overall members, but its that bad its just easier to stop them signing up in the first place)

I also done a quick calculation on our donors 1 in 8 donors are from the USA, but we still have loads (well not loads as we only get about 250 in total every month but still a fair share of the members that do donate are from Brazil) of donors from Brazil, but we ban Brazil from signing up, so its got sod all to do with donations.

I dont think normal members realise how much of a headache it is, when a tracker opens up, its like, oh they are open, but they will close again, sign up 300 * with 300 different ips/emails etc, then we close and they trade them all, or we open up, members downloads, gets into kl, abandons account, signs up again etc etc, or "ah they are open, I can cheat now, if i get banned i can just get in again".

I hate banning any country, but at least we just ban them from signing up, if you already have an account, you can keep it, its not a blanket ban on everyone, problem is though we will be missing out on "some" good members, but the vast majority are not "good" members so loosing a couple of good ones is worth it if we keep out 3000+ bad ones imho.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I hate banning any country, but at least we just ban them from signing up, if you already have an account, you can keep it, its not a blanket ban on everyone, problem is though we will be missing out on "some" good members, but the vast majority are not "good" members so loosing a couple of good ones is worth it if we keep out 3000+ bad ones imho.
    thumbs up

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    thumbs up
    Another couple of thumbs up. I can understand why trackers ban countries but it's really stupid to wipe already-existing members from that country as well, specially when they weren't breaking any rules.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    TS.org
    I have been close to banning Egypt and India from signup/invite. If I ever did go through with a blanket ban on countries then I wouldn't ban the existing decent members from these countires just because of the actions of others.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yeah, gret question, even switching to different ISP,is seems okay, sometime the ISP will NOT "allow" certain sites, Not common occurrence though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Yeah, gret question, even switching to different ISP,is seems okay, sometime the ISP will NOT "allow" certain sites, Not common occurrence though.
    surprisingly those problem generally happen with the isps of usa and uk
    Teh n00b.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast