Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    I have been close to banning Egypt and India from signup/invite. If I ever did go through with a blanket ban on countries then I wouldn't ban the existing decent members from these countires just because of the actions of others.
    Just a question and it might not make a lot of sense but if you take the extreme measure to ban whole countries because apparently a larger than acceptable percentage of denizens of those areas cheat/sell/trade/hit and run /look at you funny or whatever while allowing current citizens to remain isn't that sort of silly ?
    I mean you are damning some purely on speculation and assumption and embracing others based on little more.

Really who's to say , whatever appearances to the contrary, that current member Joe from Cheatoria isn't merrily selling invites right and left all the while you are barring maybe innumerable decent people from the same country?

OK bt isn't real life but in real life that kind of skewed nonsensical prejudicial thinking is sometimes called racial profiling and I believed it's outlawed in any civilized place.

Here's a thought, instead of banning people for no reason other than their place of origin ( which btw I'm sure some would happily change if they could) , maybe either credit all the people that you've already allowed into your tracker the sense to use their invites wisely or failing that only give invites to those members that you have complete trust in .
    If either of those don't work then take the initiative ,like some sites do, to select applicants yourself based on merit and not nationality.

Btw the last one isn't really the best idea though since if a site is already populated by a majority of people who you apparently can't trust it doesn't speak well for the current staffs ability to make good decisions.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Lucifer9999's Avatar torrentdevil BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    be serious .. this is a f..ed fake subject.....and the op is high....
    the math is simple: there are 200 countries in the world.... the problem is that max 10 countries are constantly banned (they are almost the same on every tracker), so that leaves 190 countries that never goes banned, including usa... so nothing special....
    "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is progress!"

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    @ idol i am not sure how its got anything to do with the staffs decisions. most invites are giving out on ratio alone, so could just be 1000 pricks with seedboxes or a fast home connection, or clever/smart cheaters. or open signup so the staff has no say there at all.

and surely trackers that never open/have an application interview (99% of which the applicant will have to have a good knowledge of English, if they cant speak it, tough) are a lot worse for what you term "racial profiling" as they either dont let anyone at all sign up so every country is banned, or you have to speak English to get in, and know the far end of a fart about a subject you may not have an interest in but just use it as a pastime, encoding (you get in) - watching movies (you dont), V0/Flac (you get in) - listening to some tunes (you dont).

btw i am just playing devils advocate here, and just replying to your post, or me its up to the individual tracker how they want to do it.
    Last edited by stoi; 01-21-2011 at 11:30 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    @ idol i am not sure how its got anything to do with the staffs decisions. most invites are giving out on ratio alone, so could just be 1000 pricks with seedboxes or a fast home connection, or clever/smart cheaters. or open signup so the staff has no say there at all.

and surely trackers that never open/have an application interview (99% of which the applicant will have to have a good knowledge of English, if they cant speak it, tough) are a lot worse for what you term "racial profiling" as they either dont let anyone at all sign up so every country is banned, or you have to speak English to get in, and know the far end of a fart about a subject you may not have an interest in but just use it as a pastime, encoding (you get in) - watching movies (you dont), V0/Flac (you get in) - listening to some tunes (you dont).

btw i am just playing devils advocate here, and just replying to your post, or me its up to the individual tracker how they want to do it.
    Me too...... most of the time .
    Just trying to offer up an opinion to try to maybe get someone out there thinking instead of just drifting along in whichever direction the current happens to be pulling strongest at the moment.

As for tracker members that don't seem to be fluent in English,they seem to have no problem in getting into a couple "community trackers that I'm a member of.
    Not to unfairly rip on them but it makes for much consternation and hilarity in the forums when most topics are greeted with little more than "I agrew " and " I rate that a 9/10" .
    Sort of why in the multilingual internet bt trackers that are premised around "community " as opposed to simple file sharing are sort of doomed to failure from the get go.
    Some of the best sharers , most dedicated and obliging people aren't comfortable in English and yet feel that they still "need" to vocally contribute to those places.

One of the reasons that I don't join non-English trackers actually but then again I'm fortunate ( or maybe unfortunate ) that I have a surfeit of other places to join as it is.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    1) The percentage of US users that turn out to be shitbags is much lower than that of a country, like say, Romania or Egypt. It's simply a numbers game.
    2) The IP distribution system in the US is much more sensible than it is in a place like Romania. It's much easier to keep an eye on banned members attempting to rejoin when the dynamic IP ranges aren't flip-flopping across hundreds of miles each day.

I wish I knew what inspires entire countries to trade/sell/cheat as a general rule. I assume it's some sort of societal difference, since the users in question don't always have super-slow upload pipes. Nonetheless, while a blanket ban is in no way fair, it's arguably necessary for certain countries, and that's the real sad part of the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    mamakawama
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gumgum View Post
    TRANSLATION: the americans gave 620$ million under the table to the corrupt romanian government so they can establish a military base at Mihail Kogalniceanu airport, near the Black Sea. Why? Thats why:
    "US soldiers used the Mihail Kogalniceanu airbase as a hub to send equipment and 7,000 combat troops into Iraq during the early stages of the invasion in 2003, and temporarily kept up to 3,500 American troops there."
    I think you misunderstand the term "under the table", especially in this context. That link is self-evidently "above the table" money. I would guess the amount spent "under the table" is equal to, if not significantly more than, that figure.

I do not argue that the US is a fuxxed up place right now, as the existing economic paradigm here is starting to really show it's inherent deficiencies. That is obviously starting to catch up with our, and by virtue of our diffusion into the economies of so many markets worldwide, the worlds, way of trade. Nor would I argue that many unsavory acts have occurred at the behest of the U.S. gov't, corporations, and "special interests", and continue to be perpetrated. However, that does not = stealing from Romania, to enrich our own economy.

If you want to be angry, be angry at multi-national corporations, operating with impunity and no regulation, who hold sway over ALL world governments. That is the real problem, the centralization of wealth. Once America stops being the big dog on earth, those corporations will put their money elsewhere, and already are doing so in China in anticipation of their inevitable ousting of the US from the top spot. It's a problem, much, MUCH bigger, than one government, or one nations economy. It's a world economy, and we are finally starting to see that.
    Spot on post

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Because they're a first-world country, and therefore have a good telecommunications infrastructure. ....compared to someone paying top-dollar for a 256Kbit connection on some less fortunate country. Making the ratio of good to bad users in the USA is lower than on other countries.:
    Thant's not the ''true''. The only thing that matter it's that the people from USA donate a lot. And this why it's not banned on trackers.

As for the internet speed,most of romanian users have 100 Mbps bandwith, that speed with other romanians, and 50 Mbps with the rest of the countries.
    Also starting from last year, romanians ISP had updated the infrastructure and started giving to people 1 Gbps connections.

PS: If want, ignore what i said, and look and this ranking, or search on google ranking for countries with best internet speeds

http://speedtest.net/global.php#0

*coungh* you won't see USA not even in top 20 =)))) *cough*
    Last edited by maddoxro; 01-22-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    As for the internet speed,most of romanian users have 100 Mbps bandwith, that speed with other romanians ...

PS: If want, ignore what i said, and look and this ranking, or search on google ranking for countries with best internet speeds
    Agreed, but considered the fact many of those .ro speed tests have been made to servers on the same country?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post

I wish I knew what inspires entire countries to trade/sell/cheat as a general rule. I assume it's some sort of societal difference, since the users in question don't always have super-slow upload pipes. Nonetheless, while a blanket ban is in no way fair, it's arguably necessary for certain countries, and that's the real sad part of the matter.
    Very likely cultural as in some societies swindling is seen as merely being astute in business.
    Of course you'd need a study to prove that and as concerns bt you obviously aren't going to get one.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    damn i;ll make an 1337 trackeR USA not alloweed ....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast