Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    This has turned into a political thread that has little to do with why some countries are banned from trackers. You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government. This was a dumb idea for a thread, considering who started it I'm not suprised, and it has now derailed into a bunch of meaningless mudslinging and personal insults.
    It hasn't turned into a political thread it's inherently political.

You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government.

Whether it's stupid is another matter entirely .
    Btw I think the thread topic is meant to be "stupid"( outrageous )as to illustrate the OP's perception that the wholesale banning of countries isn't just.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    As of October, 2007, the United States has sanctions against:[2]

There are also list-based sanctions related to terrorism, diamond trading, narcotics, nuclear proliferation, and the sovereignty of Lebanon.[citation needed]
    Some countries listed are members of the World Trade Organization, but WTO rules allow trade restrictions for non-economic purposes.
    Recent countries which were removed from the list were Iraq (removed 2005) and Libya (removed 2003).

Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    members from the philipines PDLT ISP are having loads of problems with our tracker, its not us its their ISP, and they are not banned and can still join, so for BCG its got nothing to do with crappy internet connections/backbones, its basically the majority of crappy users from those countries. (again not everyone is crappy, just the vast majority that come into BCG are). and thats the truth.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    members from the philipines PDLT ISP are having loads of problems with our tracker, its not us its their ISP, and they are not banned and can still join, so for BCG its got nothing to do with crappy internet connections/backbones, its basically the majority of crappy users from those countries. (again not everyone is crappy, just the vast majority that come into BCG are). and thats the truth.
    stoi, you can not compare every tracker with bcg all the time, as bcg is complete different. So, the problems you face while running bcg is also somewhat different from the problems what other sites face. And yes the 'crappy' ISPs creates lots of problem but you also have to remember that some users use their isp only to browse through the site, and they do all their leeching/seeding through seedbox thanks to the very low proce of them now-a-days. So, does it really cause any problem to anyone??
    Teh n00b.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    And yes the 'crappy' ISPs creates lots of problem but you also have to remember that some users use their isp only to browse through the site, and they do all their leeching/seeding through seedbox thanks to the very low proce of them now-a-days. So, does it really cause any problem to anyone??
    Cool, now what about those who aren't among "some users"?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    why am i getting the crap here, everyone that has made assumptions have been lumping all trackers together and stating its FACT/THE TRUTH, when it bloody well isnt, and one of those was even a bloody staff member who should know bloody better.

and is that the answer then, you have crap connection, get a seedbox to survive, ffs heard everything now, BT is going to the fucking dogs with the members and some staff in it. what happened to just sharing and abiding by the rules, now its NOW NOW NOW, RATIO, RATIO RATIO, break as many rules as we can crap. (they are breaking the law so we will break their rules, its only fair, bollocks).

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    why am i getting the crap here,
    Cuz you are one of the only staffers with the nuts to address the issue in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    because that would leave the trackers with %99.99 less content.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    why am i getting the crap here, everyone that has made assumptions have been lumping all trackers together and stating its FACT/THE TRUTH, when it bloody well isnt, and one of those was even a bloody staff member who should know bloody better.

and is that the answer then, you have crap connection, get a seedbox to survive, ffs heard everything now, BT is going to the fucking dogs with the members and some staff in it. what happened to just sharing and abiding by the rules, now its NOW NOW NOW, RATIO, RATIO RATIO, break as many rules as we can crap. (they are breaking the law so we will break their rules, its only fair, bollocks).
    My respect for BCG just jumped tenfold.

And what Intr4ns1t said.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I also thank stoi, since everything he has said has been the closest to the fact that I have seen and helps make my point in the side-argument I have rolling. Intr4ns1t already knows how I feel about him and his opinions
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast