Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker?

bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    You are a fucktard and [...] you are an asshat, imo.

Being that I am American I take stupid ass comments like that personally.
    Remembering one of your recent threads I would say it takes one to know one. But being that I am a romanian like the person whose comment you quoted above, I don't take stupid ass comments like that personally.
    Oh, I will admit to moments of stupidity. I am not immune. Maybe a better word for me to use or at least the meaning I was trying to convey is maddoxro's comments were completely ignorant in nature. My comments, have nothing to do with where he is from, either.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radon0r View Post
    We seed our shit and follow the rules, that's why.
    Just like the Geneva Convention.
    Yes ,yes they do.
    No physical or mental torture, nor any other form of coercion, may be inflicted on prisoners of war to secure from them information of any kind whatever. Prisoners of war who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to any unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind.
    reuters-waterboard.jpglynndie_england.jpg51tZX7MVqcL._SS500_.jpg

Radon0r as I think Anarkial attempted to point out blanket statements are ignorant at best and dangerous at worst .
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Also, wikileaks notwithstanding, any pictures stories etc. you find published are a tiny fraction of what actually goes on. Wikileaks also = drop in the bucket considering clearance levels. And Guantamo Bay is also a drop in the bucket - it has just helped to catch the public eye (but you'd be surprised at the amount of domestic illegalities going on).

But back on topic: I think this question has been sufficiently answered now, by siteops and otherwise. It was a stupid question to start with, although we got some surprisingly good answers. Perhaps a better question would be, "Why are countries usually banned from private trackers?" which was also answered.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post

Thant's not the ''true''. The only thing that matter it's that the people from USA donate a lot. And this why it's not banned on trackers.
    You are a fucktard and obviously haven't read the whole thread...Or you are simply a hater. Either way you are an asshat, imo.

Being that I am American I take stupid ass comments like that personally.
    You my friend are an idiot.
    There is not a single line there in my post insulting or bashing the people from USA. In fact, if you would have read maybe just the title for this thread you would have understood my reply.
    What you take '' personally '' ? The fact that people from USA donate a lot to trackers because they have shitty connections ? Then you really need to get out more often. And when i say OUT, i don't mean to clubs or disco, i mean OUT OF THE HOUSE. it's obvious that you are speeding waaaaay too much time on a pc, 'cause you take ''personally'' a post from someone who say some facts about the internet connection from 2 countries, and you act like i've just f0cked your mother =)))

like i said: open the door and make a few steps. take a breath of fresh air. You will see / feel the difference
    Last edited by maddoxro; 01-24-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Usenet Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    ...Radon0r as I think Anarkial attempted to point out blanket statements are ignorant at best and dangerous at worst .
    Especially when taken out of context, or applied to a context they were never meant for. On that point we agree.

For example:

Our prisons are packed like sardines in this country. Except those aren't sardines but Americans (well the majority of them probably) that have clearly broken the rules of the land and been caught. What was I thinking when I made my earlier post? Didn't it apply to every possible situation imaginable?

Hint: Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Except the point about the blanket statement still applies, especially when you consider you don't really know how many of a trackers members are Americans and you can't really tell how many Americans cheat.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    The only thing that matter it's that the people from USA donate a lot. And this why it's not banned on trackers.
    I am still trying to find the "fact" in that...Or how American donations are remotely connected to their speeds. It may be fact that we donate alot, but I fail to see why it is the factual reason why we are not banned as a country. Your statements are still ignorant. Add to the fact that I can only think of a few trackers that actually give you GBs for donations or even immunity for having shitty speeds by donating is ignorant. I live in America. Have disposable income. Have a good connection. Need no buffer. And I donate. All of this has nothing to do with being American though...

I am a single father of a 3 year old and am pretty certain I spend more time out of the house than most. And that does not include a club or "disco". You might also know that by my last post that I started I take very little seriously...Particularly when it comes to the Internet.

What I take personally is comments generalizing Americans and saying stupid shit like we are not banned cause we donate. I make no apologies, that is retarded. If I was Romanian I would take it somewhat personally when and if I was lumped in with cheaters and traders. Therefore, I would expect more from a Romanian when it came to generalizing a nation as you deal with it on a regular basis on the webz.
    Last edited by bumrocks; 01-25-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    This has turned into a political thread that has little to do with why some countries are banned from trackers. You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government. This was a dumb idea for a thread, considering who started it I'm not suprised, and it has now derailed into a bunch of meaningless mudslinging and personal insults.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    This has turned into a political thread that has little to do with why some countries are banned from trackers. You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government. This was a dumb idea for a thread, considering who started it I'm not suprised, and it has now derailed into a bunch of meaningless mudslinging and personal insults.
    It's a pretty good parallel to real life isn't it? The truth is, I actually think this is a very important subject, not the US specifically, but country bans in general, due to that parallel to real life. Personally, I cannot abide such decisions, and do not use trackers that ban other countries.(that admit it at least) I can see the arguments for that decision, but I do not agree with the estimation that a large number of foreign users are bad users. I said it in another thread, and I'll repeat it here, but the primary problem with countries that get banned is how their internet is set up. NOT cultural shittiness as some would like to argue.

I would defy anyone who is staff to PROVE beyond any doubt that even a large minority of foreign members are bad users, with something OTHER than a list of ip addresses. I explained how that problem occurs, and anyone can look it up(dynamic ip pools(and I can throw forced proxies in there too, again drawn from a limited pool)). Lets look at the instance of "Dave" from a trade/sell forum, a guy who has proven over and over to be an unscrupulous individual, and I have seen him use upwards of 200 different ip addresses. He has wrought havoc in his BT history, and resulted in a lot of accounts at different sites getting banned. He probably got banned from PtN somewhere in the order of 25 or 30 times, PtN's own Jdye, if you will.

Where would you guess he's from? Australia. Do sites the world over ban Australia? They have shitty speeds, shitty distribution of ip addresses, forced proxies, and an aggressive attitude. Yet I know of not a single site that has ever considered banning them as a nation. The only difference between them and the countries that do get banned is the stability of the nation. Stable nations are much better at enforcing laws, so the staff have less to do when dealing with stable nations. Nation building is not an overnight process, and that is the truth.
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 01-25-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Lets look at the instance of "Dave" from a trade/sell forum, a guy who has proven over and over to be an unscrupulous individual, and I have seen him use upwards of 200 different ip addresses. He has wrought havoc in his BT history, and resulted in a lot of accounts at different sites getting banned. He probably got banned from PtN somewhere in the order of 25 or 30 times, PtN's own Jdye, if you will.
    Aye I guess I might saw the nick somewhere else very recently..
    Teh n00b.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast