Thread: Trump on China

I wish this guy was our President...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...63802#41163802
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    惡魔的提倡者
    Did he just say Private enterprise can't compete with a communist country and he does business with China all the time they are laughing at us?

I thought you were a small government free market guy, yet you want a government to control free trade? Our trade problems aren't caused by government. The government isn't importing all these cheap lead painted toys, that would be companies like walmart. The government isn't buying all these Chinese products, that would be we the people.
    The government isn't exporting manufacturing jobs, that would be private industry.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    I wish this guy was our President...

What possible qualifications does Trump exhibit that would make him a good President?
    Besides, if Trump somehow managed to become President (about as likely as Palin), he'd spend all his energy trying to rename the country after himself.
    Last edited by clocker; 01-21-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Speaking from this side of the pond. We had all the Utilities nationalised in the forties. Trains, buses, mail, NHS etc all ran as they should. Along comes Thatcher who starts putting these utilities into private hands. Since then the country has gone downhill that fast I am getting dizzy. Under private control it would appear that people in the countryside don't need trains, buses and local health facilities.

Funny there was not many complaints from America when Japan did what China is doing now. Why? Because it was American finance that was running it. Formosa/Taiwan was another example financed by America. We had all the stuff flooding the world, 'Made in Taiwan'.

Trump for President? Don't make me laugh(Incontinence is just round the corner)Why should he? The trump organization along with the Murdoch organization are controlling a good chunk of the western world already.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    There are only a few things the federal government should be involved in, such as protecting the states from a foreign invasion acrosss our borders [illegal immigration, cartels, etc.], and protecting the states from foreign trade practices which will ultimately harm the nation [such as running a huge trade deficit decade after decade]. It has become painfully obvious that the Feds are flatly refusing to defend our borders, and they are doing nothing to stop the continuing trade deficit.

How long do you think a nation can continue to run a trade deficit? If your family spent more money than it took in year after year, what would happen to it? What do you think this is doing to our nation? It is my opinion that the current economic crisis was ultimately caused by this continuing trade deficit, and the only long term solution to it is to start running a trade surplus again.

By the way, I consider the trade deficit to be a much bigger problem for us than illegal immigration. So, I wouldn't care about a presidential candidate's stand on illegal immigration at all as long as they seriously wanted to stop the trade deficit. That is the main issue for me.

So yes, Donald Trump would be my #1 choice for the next President. He probably won't even run, but if he does, he has my support. I would even get involved in his political campaign if he ran for President.
    Last edited by 999969999; 01-22-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    It is my opinion that the current economic crisis was ultimately caused by this continuing trade deficit, and the only long term solution to it is to start running a trade surplus again.
    Sounds nice and fluffy, seems flawless logic, but the devil is in the details when it comes to how you, or Trump in a presidential capacity, intend to bring this about.

So What's your plan?
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 01-22-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote box
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You seem to conflate the trade imbalance with China and our budget deficit...they are not the same thing although increasing corporate taxes (by closing loopholes/handouts and penalizing offshoring) would certainly benefit both.
    Unfortunately 9, your extremely simplistic concept of what the Federal government should/shouldn't do doesn't allow for any way to implement these fixes, so you'll just have to Galt it out.

Edit:
    I would fully expect Trump to be even more pro-corporate than the average conservative, so have little hope that anything that might "harm" business (even if it benefited America) would be considered.
    Last edited by clocker; 01-22-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg