Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Your Tips To New Torrent Users?

tombrady's Avatar Poster
    Yeah I realized that its actually easier to not translate the page, and after a few minutes I could navigate it normally. Of course if I wanted to browse it would be a different story.
    on rutorrent are you supposed to seed?

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    Quote Originally Posted by timtebow View Post
    Yeah, sort of. It's a bit hard for people to download otherwise.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    BitTorrent is a file sharing system--you're always supposed to seed. If you mean will they kick you out if you don't seed, that's a different question and, frankly, one which shouldn't be relevant unless you were planning on not seeding in which case I wouldn't help you.

If you don't want to seed then you should pay for access to usenet (where you're not expected to upload).
    Last edited by temisturk; 12-21-2011 at 02:32 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Why does the latest utorrent say 100% disk overload with just a normal sized movie.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    Disk overload only happens with bad cache settings or when another program is clogging the disk for itself. I've only seen it when mencoder was active.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yeah, sort of. It's a bit hard for people to download otherwise.
    I might be completely wrong about this, but I was under the impression that the *other* site you help run -- Small Bandwidth Innovations -- teaches people about .. well, ... something to do with what the name seems to imply. :

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    tombrady's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by temisturk View Post
    BitTorrent is a file sharing system--you're always supposed to seed. If you mean will they kick you out if you don't seed, that's a different question and, frankly, one which shouldn't be relevant unless you were planning on not seeding in which case I wouldn't help you.
    If you don't want to seed then you should pay for access to usenet (where you're not expected to upload).
    Someone has said this before and I probably can't repeat it with the same elegance but:
    I'm in this for me, there is nothing that I gain from seeding torrents after they are complete on public trackers, doing so only increases the risk. I am certainly grateful that other people seed and I realize the importance of seeders. This being said, I always seed the file while I am downloading and until I check my computer in the mornings, and sometimes achieve a ratio of well over 1.
    The whole point of this is that I am not paying for anything, If i was going to pay a usenet I might as well go buy some content...
    Last edited by tombrady; 12-23-2011 at 08:41 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    newsgroupie
    I'm in this for me, there is nothing that I gain from ..........
    That basically says it all right there.

But as strange as it might seem, there are actually people who enjoy helping others, without any tangible benefit -- and often at great personal risk -- to themselves. The P2P scene would not even exist without their immense contributions.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Disk overload only happens with bad cache settings or when another program is clogging the disk for itself. I've only seen it when mencoder was active.
    For some reason when I restarted the computer it stopped saying disk overload, so the off and on again worked.Thanks
    Last edited by Alien5; 01-14-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910