Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Windows 8 to RTM in 2012 and Hit Shelves in 2013

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    yep

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    zeroslave
    arent we all supposed to be dead by december 21st? or so says the mayan calendar

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well no the Mayan calender just ends that day. It's the hysterical idiots that say it means the world ends. Hopefully we all can get a "pre release" out here to test out like

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Uh... let me get this 'straight'. Win7, supposedly the (next) best thing since sliced bread, right after the LAST 'next best thing' (Vista), lasted...... how many months before getting tossed on the trash heap so they can sell yet another POS.

Right about the time, I might add, that Vista hits it's third service pack (and has been super-stable since SP2).

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    Uh... let me get this 'straight'. Win7, supposedly the (next) best thing since sliced bread, right after the LAST 'next best thing' (Vista), lasted...... how many months before getting tossed on the trash heap so they can sell yet another POS.

Right about the time, I might add, that Vista hits it's third service pack (and has been super-stable since SP2).

I think you've been brained one too many times. Windows Vista was never stable. And you're complaining about a software company releasing new versions of its software? Uhh, isn't that what they are supposed to do? If you don't like software updates, perhaps you should run a Mac, or Linux, or Google's new o/s when it comes out... cause they, you know, never ever update their software....
    Post something relevant that adds value, or keep yer trap shut like you was avoidin a sistaboy in prison.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemilty74 View Post
    Windows Vista was never stable.
    it wasn't? i had vista @ rtm and the only thing that wasn't stable for me was nVidia drivers. once they were ironed out vista worked like a champ.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    @mr. nails
    I agree, Vista was great IF you had a powerful machine, I found it very slow with low powered machines.

@
    I also agree, how dare a company bring out a new product for people to buy lol

People knock MS for bringing out OS so 'regularly' but Apple are a lot worse for that, do some research if you don't believe me

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    Windows 8 could come out tomorrow, but if its not close to being an XP2 then I'm not buying it. I skipped Vista, and I'm in the process of skipping Win 7, If Win 8 is not user friendly like XP was (easily integrated - normal tree mode - back to the familiar GUI and naming scheme or at the least configurable to emulate XP's) I'm not biting on that one either. As far as I'm concerned Microsoft can bite my (_____ fill in here). Apple will never get my money, but if I have to go thru another learning curve it might as well be Linux.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Appzalien - You have to get over XP. Vista did suck, and was somewhat dubbed a failure of an OS, even by Microsoft. Win7 is not a failure. The technology behind 7 is days ahead of the way XP works. You'd be best upgrading to Win7 & getting used to the different GUI. Microsoft isn't going to use the GUI in XP, then take it away for two OS's, then put it back. I have an extremely powerful machine though, so I can't recommend Win7 to normal or low powered machines because I've never tried it. But given you have good specs, Win7 does what it was made for. I am kinda shocked to see production of Win8 so early, but it could be triggered by many things. Perhaps triggered by the fact their competitors coming up with better stuff in the works, giving them a reason to pump out a new Windows...but we'll have to wait and see the main differences between Win7 & Win8 to analyze that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast