Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's cold outside, it's Global Warming!

When it's hot outside, it's Global Warming. Now when it's cold in the winter, that's also Global Warming.

How can you actually believe this crap?

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/east...tures-12734629
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    GreenTea's Avatar 99.9% SHY BT Rep: +2
    I bet it's global warming when you get a fever too. @_@

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

The ability to go past a slogan and look at the complex overall issue?
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Ah, still continuing to confuse "weather" and "climate" I see.
    Someday grasshopper, you will learn that repetition of ignorance does not an argument make.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    When it's hot outside, it's Global Warming. Now when it's cold in the winter, that's also Global Warming.

Is the answer that we can do it by reading up on the issue and forming our opinions based on what we understand of the science?
    Last edited by Snee; 01-23-2011 at 04:50 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

Is the answer that we can do it by reading up on the issue and forming our opinions based on what we understand of the science?
    They are now addressing this argument by abolishing history lessons in school. This will mean that you would not be aware of major disasters that happened a long time ago. Like the Yangtze river flooding that claimed over one million lives. That no longer counts because it happened a hundred years ago.
    I can imagine the penguins getting worried when the ice started to melt at the end of the ice age.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    They are now addressing this argument by abolishing history lessons in school. This will mean that you would not be aware of major disasters that happened a long time ago. Like the Yangtze river flooding that claimed over one million lives. That no longer counts because it happened a hundred years ago.
    I can imagine the penguins getting worried when the ice started to melt at the end of the ice age.
    Isn't the problem with the Yangtze river more to do with silt buildup due to dams, diversions and natural flood lakes being bypassed? Not to mention the fantastic idea to populate flood plains.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    They are now addressing this argument by abolishing history lessons in school.
    So true.
    The right wants to institutionalize "ignorance is bliss".
    Texas school books are a perfect example.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Isn't the problem with the Yangtze river more to do with silt buildup due to dams, diversions and natural flood lakes being bypassed? Not to mention the fantastic idea to populate flood plains.
    That is the same in almost every low country, again they ignore history in favour of commerce. It does not preclude the fact that these floods have been happening down the years. Tsunamis have been happening since the beginning of time, it just so happens that people are ignoring this fact and building on the beaches and low lying ground near beaches.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者

That is the same in almost every low country, again they ignore history in favour of commerce. It does not preclude the fact that these floods have been happening down the years. Tsunamis have been happening since the beginning of time, it just so happens that people are ignoring this fact and building on the beaches and low lying ground near beaches.
    I can only think that you are trying to say that climatologists are ignoring natural cycles.

One of the biggest actual myths or at the very least biggest strawman in the whole non scientific side of the "debate" is that those "global warming believers" attribute it solely to man.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast