Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Unbelievably slow speeds with Hotfile!!

  1. #1
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    31
    Posts
    433
    Oh man I bought Hotfile premium about a month ago and I am not very happy with it. I had Rapidshare before and my speeds were at least 500 KB/s. With Hotfile I am lucky to get over 100 KB/s!! It is not my connection as the torrent I am running go max speed. As I am typing this a file I am downloading is going at 74 KB/s!! I emailed Hotfile asking for a refund or only to charge me for a month but they have not replied (which was expected ). I am very displeased with Hotfile and this account expires in Feb 2012. I believe I have wasted my monies. What can I do here? Any suggestions?
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Where are you from? Hotfile's routing to your location may be poor, whereas Rapidshare chooses the best backbone for your IP. I'm from South America and can get over 350kB/s in a 3Mbit connection on Hotfile.

    What about trying jDownloader and its multiple connections feature? That may speed things up.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    31
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Where are you from? Hotfile's routing to your location may be poor, whereas Rapidshare chooses the best backbone for your IP. I'm from South America and can get over 350kB/s in a 3Mbit connection on Hotfile.

    What about trying jDownloader and its multiple connections feature? That may speed things up.
    I am in the U.K and thanks but I already use JDownloader...
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ditto here

    Purchased a premium account from Hotfile after RS turned sh*t aand the speeds are f*cking useless - UK based and I too get 100k or if lucky 300k. Megaupload gives me double that on a free account. I'd never use Hotfile again, absolute rip off.

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    day book
    Posts
    10,853
    Isn't hotfile at the other end of a DMCA suit right now anyway?

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    31
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    Ditto here

    Purchased a premium account from Hotfile after RS turned sh*t aand the speeds are f*cking useless - UK based and I too get 100k or if lucky 300k. Megaupload gives me double that on a free account. I'd never use Hotfile again, absolute rip off.
    It's ridiculous isn't it. I might just sell it. Know anywhere where I can sell it?
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    It's ridiculous isn't it. I might just sell it. Know anywhere where I can sell it?
    I don't think the rules here allow that kind of discussion. Can't you just get your money back, anyway?
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    31
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    It's ridiculous isn't it. I might just sell it. Know anywhere where I can sell it?
    I don't think the rules here allow that kind of discussion. Can't you just get your money back, anyway?
    Ah ok sorry about that. How do I get my money back? I emailed them but haven't had a reply back yet.
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    How do I get my money back?
    Paypal dispute?
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    102
    why didn't you trial the premium speed with a month, instead of committing to a full year? UK ISPs have been known to throttle speeds to some file hosts to deter piracy.

    if Hotfile doesn't reply for your refund request, the best option is to file a Paypal dispute. The more people complain to Paypal, the more Hotfile will be forced to give refunds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •