Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatbox.ca review

Why don't we get this thread back on topic? Whatbox staffer here. There shouldn't be any sort of cap set in ruTorrent, although it has a tendency to try to change it to 100,000KBps (roughly 780Mb/s, 97MB/s). It looks like your Whatbox username isn't cherio, but if you want to open a support ticket, I'll see if I can find what's causing it to limit you to 2MB/s.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Seedbox Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    Good review.

If you want a similarly priced and spec'd, check out the small from pulsedmedia. Only 4-6 users per server, no 2MB/s limit although being OVH you might get less speeds depending on the tracker, vs server.lu.
    LOL I love how in the very first reply (and every one since) you have been derailing the thread to promote Pulsed Media and calling it we when you announced last month you were no longer involved.

2 points for being the biggest douchebag in the world.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    LOL I love how you have nothing better to do, like helping your own customers, and instead spread malice and rubbish. I didn't say I wasn't involved, just that I wasn't an employee any more. At least I was constructive, it took whatbox staff 3 weeks to see/respond (granted it isn't the support channel, but considering this is one of the biggest seedbox discussion places, you'd think any provider would spend 30 seconds checking every couple days if someone was posting 'bad reviews'..). Go back to Canada if you want to be rude.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by keanu View Post
    Why don't we get this thread back on topic? Whatbox staffer here. There shouldn't be any sort of cap set in ruTorrent, although it has a tendency to try to change it to 100,000KBps (roughly 780Mb/s, 97MB/s). It looks like your Whatbox username isn't cherio, but if you want to open a support ticket, I'll see if I can find what's causing it to limit you to 2MB/s.
    The slot expired, but thanks for offering to help. I wish I had used the tickets but I assumed 2MB/s was the limit set to slice up the bandwidth for users. If I knew it was a gbit box I would have expected more.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    It was a 100Mbit box, what he means is rtorrent/ruTorrent likes to reset to 100000KBps for some weird reason, so even though its a 100Mbit box it will say Gbit type speeds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Seedbox Provider
    LOL I love how you have nothing better to do, like helping your own customers, and instead spread malice and rubbish. I didn't say I wasn't involved, just that I wasn't an employee any more. At least I was constructive, it took whatbox staff 3 weeks to see/respond (granted it isn't the support channel, but considering this is one of the biggest seedbox discussion places, you'd think any provider would spend 30 seconds checking every couple days if someone was posting 'bad reviews'..). Go back to Canada if you want to be rude.
    I have no problem supporting my customers and no current complaints that I'm aware of for service either. Rather than talking about whatbox you have been constantly talking about PM straight from the 2nd post.

There's no malice, rubbish or rudeness there. You're just being a dickbag like you are on every forum, changing topics that no matter where they start always end up on PM. In this one it only took 1 post. Good effort. Get hit by a truck.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post

There's no malice, rubbish or rudeness there........ Get hit by a truck.
    I lol'd. Such a friendly person... NOT. You ought to change your nick, perhaps you won't feel so inclined to imitate the devil then.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    At least I was constructive, it took whatbox staff 3 weeks to see/respond (granted it isn't the support channel, but considering this is one of the biggest seedbox discussion places, you'd think any provider would spend 30 seconds checking every couple days if someone was posting 'bad reviews'..).
    Without being rude, I'm not sure I could consider it constructive. Saying "Sounds good, now check out my [former?] business" isn't entirely constructive IMHO.

To be honest, you seem kind of contradicting...in another thread you said that advertising was prohibited on here, yet that seems to be what your first response was in here?

Going through post history some more, it almost seems like you're trying to start flame wars - you're trolling in another Whatbox thread over here, as there your first response is also "X provider is better than Y". Further, I'd like to point out that calling people "idiots" and "morons" is fairly unprofessional - something that we'd never say to customers.

We have considered offering public tickets, but at the moment we're choosing to keep it simpler until we can find a way to ensure that users still retain privacy in tickets. We'd much rather have a handful of 'community support' members who know (generally) what they're talking about answer any basic questions, than have tickets visible to all customers by default, where misinformation could be spread.

Finally, you could certainly say we should check out various forums more often. It'd certainly be nice to help clarify any issues that appear in reviews, but personally, I get distracted rather easily. I'd rather wait until a thread appears in our referrer logs and check on it then instead of getting lost for hours in various forums when I could be working on support/new features/etc.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Seedbox Provider
    I'll happily change my identity to CaptainRude if you start going by AwesomeMcDickNugget.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    How about AwesomeMcNugget?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast