Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Silly query about avatar

  1. #1
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,091
    My avatar has transparent background, but whatever I try to do, the white background just doesn't go. Wondering if there is any chance my avatar can be more aesthetically pleasing

    This is my avatar: ( not the one the left )
    Last edited by A; 01-25-2011 at 07:29 AM.

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    day book
    Posts
    10,853
    What about getting your background to match the the color of the space it will appear in, like this...


  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    What about getting your background to match the the color of the space it will appear in, like this...

    Thanks a lot for retouching my avatar, mjmacky. I did think of it, but I was too lazy to do it
    Last edited by A; 01-25-2011 at 12:52 PM.

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    day book
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Thanks a lot for retouching my avatar, mjmacky. I did think of it, but I was too lazy to do it
    I did it the lazy way myself. Instead of assigning the transparent part a color in a proper image editing software, I just used the "fill" function in mspaint. Assigning the transparent section color would work better because there won't be any whites between or around the hairs, which is blatantly obvious in a larger view of the one I posted. Anyways, looks good @ avatar size.

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Thanks a lot for retouching my avatar, mjmacky. I did think of it, but I was too lazy to do it
    I did it the lazy way myself. Instead of assigning the transparent part a color in a proper image editing software, I just used the "fill" function in mspaint. Assigning the transparent section color would work better because there won't be any whites between or around the hairs, which is blatantly obvious in a larger view of the one I posted. Anyways, looks good @ avatar size.
    hehe yea. Hardly noticeable at that size and better than white anytime.

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    It still looks ugly for those of us using the Black Stealth skin.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    day book
    Posts
    10,853
    It only depends on how much you like AbyBeats, anon. Would you be willing to change the skin back to FST to enjoy the seemless integration of avatar to page? Is it seemless, seem less, or seamless?

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,305
    Seamless. Also, the problem is FST reuploads the avatars into another format and between png and gif conversion the transparency is lost. It's difficult to get a gif transparent and pretty (especially because of its color palette limitations) but there's ways around that issue. Pretty sure you can find a guide for it.
    Ellipses go here.

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    It only depends on how much you like AbyBeats, anon. Would you be willing to change the skin back to FST to enjoy the seemless integration of avatar to page?
    It doesn't bother me that much.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    It still looks ugly for those of us using the Black Stealth skin.
    I forgot about the other skins lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Seamless. Also, the problem is FST reuploads the avatars into another format and between png and gif conversion the transparency is lost. It's difficult to get a gif transparent and pretty (especially because of its color palette limitations) but there's ways around that issue. Pretty sure you can find a guide for it.
    Nah, too much work for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky
    It only depends on how much you like AbyBeats, anon. Would you be willing to change the skin back to FST to enjoy the seemless integration of avatar to page? Is it seemless, seem less, or seamless?
    I changed my avatar, hehehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •