Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry, woman are not funny..

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by weenden View Post
    there are alot of funny woman on tv and standup i really dont want to have to make the friggen list of them all
    Just short list your favorites like I did

2. Lounge   -   #102
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post

Thanks!
    I do love a good fight
    Yes.

You can be a handful, for a girl.

The male prerogative is often confining.

Not fair for either of us.

I am glad to be well-thought-of in your immediate circle, and I am glad I am not a scientist of any sort.
    It may be confining, but it makes for good stand up comedy.
    Anyway, we're not so mismatched you and I. I am a scientist, which gives me some perspective, and you're getting on a bit. Men are always more interesting and less annoying after the age of 30.
    Your approach to women is like Biggles'. Is he around much anymore?

3. Lounge   -   #103
    I like to think the best of people, so I'll assume the men contributing to this thread who have been disillusioned by female comedy have only been exposed to French and Saunders, anything written by Victoria Wood, Sarah 'eee I like cake I do' Millican or the blow up sex dolls they call their girlfriends.

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    nope

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #105
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Yes.

You can be a handful, for a girl.

The male prerogative is often confining.

Not fair for either of us.

I am glad to be well-thought-of in your immediate circle, and I am glad I am not a scientist of any sort.
    It may be confining, but it makes for good stand up comedy.
    Anyway, we're not so mismatched you and I. I am a scientist, which gives me some perspective, and you're getting on a bit. Men are always more interesting and less annoying after the age of 30.
    Your approach to women is like Biggles'. Is he around much anymore?
    Haven't seen 'les in a while, though I feel his presence on occasion.

The board becomes just a bit...courtly, when he's lurking.

I don't recollect you and I as "mismatched" in any way, it just took us a while to suss each other properly.

Luckily, I am not generally in the habit of choosing off scientists, nor are you enamored of lording education over experience...which, as I see it, is a peculiarly scientific mind-set.

We did butts heads, though - I can't recall the particulars - I remember thinking not that you weren't to be trifled with, but that to do so would require a bit less flippancy and a bit more effort.

I think Bigglesworth and I would be together on that, for what it's worth.

As to your formulation on 'men-after-30', I will say that while I am undeniably interesting, I occasionally aim to annoy, just to guage the quality of the interest.

The prerogative of the slightly aged, you see.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #106

I don't recollect you and I as "mismatched" in any way, it just took us a while to suss each other properly.

Luckily, I am not generally in the habit of choosing off scientists, nor are you enamored of lording education over experience...which, as I see it, is a peculiarly scientific mind-set.

We did butts heads, though - I can't recall the particulars - I remember thinking not that you weren't to be trifled with, but that to do so would require a bit less flippancy and a bit more effort.

As to your formulation on 'men-after-30', I will say that while I am undeniably interesting, I occasionally aim to annoy, just to guage the quality of the interest.

Not mismatched any more than men and women can be x
    I don't know how much mindset is responsible, but I was also raised to respect people older than me, and I still do. Although, the internet is a great leveller in that regard and I'm much cheekier to the aged than I would be in real life...until I find out they're older. Then in some cases I'm even cheekier

When Biggles is around it makes me want to get out my metaphorical slippers, settle into a chesterfield in the drawing room of my mind, and puff thoughtfully on my pipe. Or go out and mend the shed roof and creosote the fence, depending on how active I feel.
    I imagine you and he together would make for a slightly more arch and youthful version of Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon ^_^

7. Lounge   -   #107

I don't know how much mindset is responsible, but I was also raised to respect people older than me, and I still do. Although, the internet is a great leveller in that regard and I'm much cheekier to the aged than I would be in real life...until I find out they're older. Then in some cases I'm even cheekier

When Biggles is around it makes me want to get out my metaphorical slippers, settle into a chesterfield in the drawing room of my mind, and puff thoughtfully on my pipe. Or go out and mend the shed roof and creosote the fence, depending on how active I feel.
    I imagine you and he together would make for a slightly more arch and youthful version of Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon ^_^
    Ah.

And who in which role?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #108

Ah.

And who in which role?
    You as Walter Matthau. Sorry xx

9. Lounge   -   #109

Ah.

And who in which role?
    You as Walter Matthau. Sorry xx
    Ah...okay, though I haven't the proper nose for it.

I know 'les will be pleased to be thought of as Felix.

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Ah...okay, though I haven't the proper nose for it.

I know 'les will be pleased to be thought of as Felix.
    You're far too debonair to be him really x
    Hehehe.....'it's always the quiet ones'. So true!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast