Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry, woman are not funny..

bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    sometimes they are

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    It's cos they don't do fart jokes, innit? 'bout the wrong level for some without that, I should think.

Also, I find that being able to imagine myself being in someone else's situation, someone whom I'm nothing like helps me to understand their jokes. Without being able to take that leap, be it cos you're a complete moron, or just impaired somehow, of course you can't enjoy it.

Given that they make up about half of humanity, in all strata of intelligence and education, and given the diversity of humanity in general, the odds are good it's not women* who are broken.

*This is the plural form of woman, you fucking muppet.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-29-2011 at 01:02 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

He did apologise for it in the thread title, so subconsciously he might have realised where the problem was. A long shot, I know.
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Genetically there is no such thing as race. Racism is a term with no scientific backing what so ever. But continue your political misinformed rant, by all means.
    People with darker skin have different quantities of melanin in their skin, and this is passed down genetically (So are many other traits).
    Yes, it is. People also have people with downs syndrome. There was a story in the new york times in the 90's where a black couple got a white baby, and she swore she had never cheated. Somehow the guy stuck around. Then they had their second baby that also was white, and everyone thought the mom must have had a white lover and all hell broke loose. Then they found out that genetically they had white blood in them and made white babies. A family tragedy was saved by an scientific inquiry. She had never cheated and now this black couple had two white children. I have no opinion on that, but it shows that white and black aren't that different at all.

And that is exactly what modern microbiology and genetics show. I presume your a white male. You can genetically have more in common with an arab girl, an old lady in China, an old man in Gambia, and an Eskimo that your own family.

And if you look into it you will find that the diversity we expect of our genetic diversity was wiped out 70-80.000 years ago and we are now all the same. The wiping out was a volcano that left only thousands left on this earth. You are more the same with your japanese/mexican/anything native/indian/... whatever than you think, than your own parents. In genetics your human, and you are as human as every people on this planet.

This is science.

But I still haven't found a woman stand-up comic that's any funny. Silverman is doing the shock thing. Not funny.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Yes, it is. People also have people with downs syndrome.
    Down's is an incorrect splitting and reproduction of the 23 chromosome pair. As for reproduction, females can be fertile, but there have only been two known cases of males producing offspring. Odd example to use.

And that is exactly what modern microbiology and genetics show. I presume your a white male. You can genetically have more in common with an arab girl, an old lady in China, an old man in Gambia, and an Eskimo that your own family.

And if you look into it you will find that the diversity we expect of our genetic diversity was wiped out 70-80.000 years ago and we are now all the same. The wiping out was a volcano that left only thousands left on this earth. You are more the same with your japanese/mexican/anything native/indian/... whatever than you think, than your own parents. In genetics your human, and you are as human as every people on this planet.
    Exactly correct. The grammar could be a bit better, but the science end is right on.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Your right about downs. I shouldn't have used it as an example, don't know why I did.

Glad we agree on genetics.
    Last edited by Speedo; 02-02-2011 at 10:25 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Apparently this comedian is the shit.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    This is science.
    Science also states that 0.005% of the human genome is attributed to racial differences, while 0.095% is attributed to individual differences. Technically I have nearly as much in common with an orangutan as I do with my Asian neighbor. How is your argument sound, again?

What you have is an opinion based on a few rogue cases (probably of albinism, which isn't that uncommon).
    Ellipses go here.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Science isn't right for very long anyway. It only takes one cleverer egg-head to disprove it all in a few years time.

Science is limited by our assumption that what we don't know is impossible.

:hippie:
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Global Warming if real*

*Real enough to let us carry on our usual ways if we pay extortion tax fees.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast