Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 51 torrent sites went down the drain today

pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The only thing not obvious here is who the hell you are and why would you be such a coward so as to feel it necessary to open a new account, rather than post from your original one.

Oh, and as stated before, most places in Europe are hardly safe as well, but I bet neither of them is as risky as running a tracker in the "country of the free".
    Last edited by pro267; 01-30-2011 at 03:31 AM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    what?.um...whatever.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    "An Avatar", not "A Avatar".

On topic, this and the recent google instant results decision have me disconcerted, though in fairness, I have yet to figure out any sites that are down as a result of this particular "move" but it's a open declaration of war from the Maafia. Beyond that, the newest version of the Kill Switch act that just got revived is even more draconian that the original, and removes judicial review from the process of which sites/servers fall under the banner of imminent threat to the national e-infrastructure. Nations all over the planet have been engaging in questionable censorship activities on a local level, so I am forced to ask myself, how long before these measures become global? Like "UN"(lol, united, right) mandated, which would introduce a whole new scary ass realm of internet control, as well as social control.

/tinfoil hat part of the post

I guess my biggest question is, is this just the tip of the iceberg? Or just another ice cube we are supposed to think is the end of the world as we know it?
    Nothing u said there merits a tinfoil hat...all just part of the ever-evolving destruction of freedom around the planet. It seems the only thing world governing bodies are good at is stealing from the coffers of their nation's poor and working class, surveilling the shit out of us & censoring all forms of media we use.

Hopefully the trackers of the world, where ever they're located, will always remain 5 steps ahead of these elitist corporate scumbags.
    /off topic?

On topic: even though those shut down were small they did serve a purpose to their members and any tracker shut down, all of which don't host any pirated media whatsoever just torrent files, is a bad omen for a free and open internet.
    Last edited by St33lC1tY736; 01-30-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: spelling

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by St33lC1tY736 View Post
    Hopefully the trackers of the world, where ever they're located, will always remain 5 steps ahead of these elitist corporate scumbags.
    Google Red Queen Hypothesis and weep.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234